DeveloperSide.NET Forums
January 24, 2020, 08:28:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let me know what you want.  (Read 62058 times)
Fletfch
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2004, 05:12:55 AM »

Apache 2.0.49 (now, can't wait for 2.1 -- more bug fun!)
mod_ssl; compiled with OpenSSL 0.9.7d
Perl 5.81
PHP 4.3.5
MySQL 4.0.18 (also looking forward to 4.1.1 :))

The less 'stuff' added to the package, the better; less exposed code, less vulnerabilities.  You're on the right track.  Are we going to see a new release soon to address the OpenSSL vuln and Apache bugs?

THANKS!

Fletch
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2004, 05:07:38 AM »

I try to keep it simple, and any major "components" will come under a different package.  A simple package, a programmers package, a anything-else package, etc...

The less 'stuff' added to the package, the better; less exposed code, less vulnerabilities.

Agreed.  If other components add to bloat or are not specific enough for that particular package, I will make another package with those "other" components...  So you can download a "simple" WAMPP server, or a "programmer's package" (just an example).

Are we going to see a new release soon to address the OpenSSL vuln and Apache bugs?

We might, but it takes a minimum of several full days of work to get it all up and running (starting from scratch, integrating, compiling, configuring, working out the odd bit here and there, etc...).

Working out the bugs/features with the newly released versions of the components can also significantly add to the time schedule.

And I was hoping to be able to do a bigger release with all the new devside.net features, but for the next two weeks my hands will be tied...

I might put out what you are looking for within a week or sooner, but the other "features" will take another two weeks.  (They will be worth waiting for, dynamic DNS, mail, etc...)

I hate having to go back on my word, as I told someone else that "everything" should be ready about this time...  But I could not do it even if I wanted to.  I'm in a bit of a bad situation here.  Time WILL correct this, and I might be able to put together the "simple" package within a week if my situation allows it.

One thing is for certain, after the next two (maybe three) weeks are over, I will devote much more time and effort into this project and the instruction's guides. Much more than I have before.

To sum it all up...
Regular 'version update' release: anywere from 3 days to a month.
Package with all/most new features: anywere from a month to a month and a half.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
fletch
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2004, 04:48:22 AM »

One thing is for certain, after the next two (maybe three) weeks are over, I will devote much more time and effort into this project and the instruction’s guides…  Much more than I have before.

To sum it all up...
Regular 'version update' release: anywere from 3 days to a month.
Package with all/most new features: anywere from a month to a month and a half.

You know, I can give you a hand getting some if it put together...  It would certainly be in my best interest to help out.  Post and let me know.  If you need some extra help, I'd be more than happy to assist.  I've got lots of technical writing experience.
dgs4

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2004, 03:45:41 AM »

How about adding postfix/squirrelmail with ssl.

thanks,
Danny
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2004, 07:20:33 AM »

Some tutorial/example config on how to setup a proxy with apache

aolex

cristi_nl2003
View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2005, 04:44:46 PM »

a simple !!! tutorial on how to set up ssl (https://domain.tld) using the last
version of mod_ssl and shit ... and of course , postgresql since the windows
version is out ;)

owered by Aolex Hosting Software
lloydkirk

lloydkirk1989
View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2005, 03:35:35 PM »

A server administration panel like Zpanel would be cool. Alot of noobs looking
for hosting find it helpful, especially stuff like Fantastico.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: