DeveloperSide.NET Forums
December 14, 2019, 04:51:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suite 2.0 Errors During Install  (Read 8856 times)
formadmirer

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2007, 01:12:32 AM »

Been running WAMPs for close to 10 years. Have tried most at one time or another, and have one or two favs from the bunch that I still use everyday.

However, I had never heard of this one till today. So I downloaded and ran the install on a fresh machine. All went fine until the very end of the install routine when I was presented with the error:
"The procedure entry point mysql_server_end could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBMYSQL.dll"

So, I clicked OK to pass through the error and then got:
"The procedure entry point mysql_get_character_set_info could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBMYSQL.dll"

Clicked OK again. Did a restart just to see what would work and what wouldn't.

So far, I've found that the control panel shows mysql is running as does Windows Services. However, the very first test I attempted, installing Joomla, fails the pre-install check showing mysql as 'unavailable'.

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem yet - just thought I'd let you know.

BTW - install is on W2K SP4

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 03:25:45 AM »

Sounds like there might be an old libmysql.dll laying around on your system, that is located in the %PATH% before our \www\mysql5\bin directory.

Check your C:\WINNT directory, and take a look at your %PATH%. This file also comes with PHP, so if you have any old directories in your %PATH%, make sure to remove them.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 03:59:58 AM »

And the same applies for any my.ini laying around under C:\WINNT

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
formadmirer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 10:18:15 PM »

Thanks. No my.ini files around. But I guess the uninstall routine of the last WAMP did leave a little trash laying around. I found the following in WINNT\System
libmysql
libmysql320
libmysql323
libmysql40
libmysql41

Since libmysql was the one causing the problem, should I delete only it, or all of them?
Or, if I delete just libmysql will the new mysql installation then look for any of the others, which would still cause problems?

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 11:03:10 PM »

I would just delete all of them... And lets hope your other wamp installs did not also place php dlls under this dir.

DeveloperSide.NET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: