DeveloperSide.NET Forums
June 05, 2020, 03:37:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notes on building mod_perl 2.0.2 for Apache 2.2.2  (Read 7505 times)
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 02, 2006, 08:54:48 PM »

Some have had problems on the 'nmake test' step and resolve this issue with using a snapshot release.

Personally, I would still use 2.0.2 -- mod_perl has always failed any number of tests.

And after looking into this issue, this just seems to be a test file problem and not a mod_perl code issue. Just skip the 'nmake test' part, and save yourself half an hour.

The only reason I am using 2.0.3-dev for the next Suite build is that I get this...
Note (probably harmless): No library found for /www/Apache2.2.2/lib/libapr.lib, libaprutil.lib

The file names have changed for Apache 2.2 -- I suppose I can just edit the makefile.

My understanding is it [2.0.2] does build.

BTW, you can always just do a diff of mod_perl 2.0.2 and mod_perl 2.0.3-dev (latest snapshot) 'Makefile'. To get that last message out, all that is required is a change of two file names under 'Makefile'. Though mod_perl is kind of complicated and I do not want the hassle of anything else going wrong.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 11:59:44 PM »

making copies of the files and renaming the copies allows some other modules to compile fine for 2.2 aswel

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 02:29:21 AM »

I belive the only files that have changed names are libapr and libaprutil (and libapriconv). So any global search-and-replace string under all files should do the trick.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 12:00:29 PM »

Quote from: "admin"
I belive the only files that have changed names are libapr and libaprutil (and libapriconv). So any global search-and-replace string under all files should do the trick.

Yes, only those three files need to be renamed for asfar is I can tell.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: