DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 13, 2020, 04:48:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Significant Load Time?  (Read 9356 times)
william
« on: November 22, 2003, 03:07:48 AM »

Hello,

First off, I would like to thank you for putting the Apache + SSL + PHP + mySQL all into one convenient package.  I have had much trouble getting SSL to work with Apache and stumbled across this package and absolutely love it.

One thing that I am concerned about is a significant load time when starting the Apache2 service, or even just running Apache from the CLI.  I have tested this on two computers, one running Win2k and the other WinXP.  On a 1.7GHz P4, it takes a good minute of 100% CPU usage by Apache.exe before it completely loads and begins to idle.  Is this something that is common, or am I obviously doing something wrong?
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 04:38:45 AM »

On my P3 700Mhz 512MB RAM Win2k systems Apache2 loads in about 8 seconds.  Without mod_perl, the load time is about 2 or 3 seconds.

The load you described might signify a local porblem(a problem on your end).  I have heard of some like this, but the end result was a crashed apache2 or a constant 100% load.

Anyone else care to post their stats?

This might be a difference of services running.  You might have some spy/addware running.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 05:15:32 AM »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
This might be a difference of services running.  You might have some spy/addware running.

That's what I suspected when I installed it on my XP Machine because it's what I use daily for everything.  But when I installed it on my Win2k Machine, which was just loaded with Win2k plus it's latest updates only.  I have yet to even install any Antivirus software.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 06:26:31 AM »

Try this, Microsoft .NET Framework Redistributable 1.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d7158dee-a83f-4e21-b05a-009d06457787&DisplayLang=en

You might have something going on with msvcr70.dll or your installed .net framework, this will give you the entire package.  Just remember, we need 1.0, not 1.1.  And 1.0 will not conflic with 1.1.  You can install them both without a problem.
jnicol

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 06:30:37 AM »

I also had this problem. In my case Norton AntiVirus was the culprit. I switched to AVG (free edition), and that solved he problem. For some reason on my new notebook Norton AntiVirus auto-protect caused some sort of conflict rsulting in long launch times with: DevSide server suite, Firefox, Thunderbird, Dreamweaver.
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 11:40:28 AM »

Quote from: "jnicol"
I also had this problem. In my case Norton AntiVirus was the culprit. I switched to AVG (free edition), and that solved he problem. For some reason on my new notebook Norton AntiVirus auto-protect caused some sort of conflict rsulting in long launch times with: DevSide server suite, Firefox, Thunderbird, Dreamweaver.

Its quite normal...
Norton scans every file on access.
Starting Apache spans Apache.exe which will be scanned.
Then apache.exe will load the modules.... whic are scanned aswel.

Once apache has started and you request verlargemovie.mp3 it will scanned aswel causing a slow down... same for small files!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: