DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 13, 2020, 01:02:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MySQL Connector/PHP problems...  (Read 4056 times)
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 21, 2006, 06:26:28 PM »

I was planning to add the MySQL.com build of libmysql.dll, php_mysql.dll, and php_mysqli.dll to the new suite -- as they are more current than the php.net builds.

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/php/
2006-08-18 - New connectors for MySQL 5.0.24 and MySQL 4.1.21, with the PHP version brought up to 5.1.5.

One note and one problem...

The PHP 5.1 distribution that is available on php.net is linked against an old version of the MySQL Client API library. The mysql and mysql extensions from php.net are based on the MySQL Client API version 4.1.7. The MySQL Client API versions used for the mysql.com downloads are 4.1.21 and 5.0.24.

Note:
Not any more. PHP 5.1.5 is now MySQL Client API version 5.0.22.

Problem:
I added the above three files to the proper mysql dir locations and was quite surprised to learn that this version of the mysql-php connectors has been compiled under VS.NET 2003, requiring msvcr71.dll (which is not included) and also probably .net runtime 1.1. Somebody over there needs to get a clue to the fact that php and mysql are still compiled under VC++ 6.0. Since there is nothing in the docs about this -- they state to simply copy over the provided mysql dlls -- I assume this is just a screwup with this version.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: