DeveloperSide.NET Forums
October 25, 2014, 02:38:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Web-Developer Server Suite v2.00 Released on SourceForge.NET!!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreamweaver bindings - to MySQL, error code 500  (Read 7654 times)
jblattert

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2006, 11:56:30 PM »

Hello!

Well, I've spent three days searching online forums, and a few posts come close to my problem, but not getting any clues to a solution. I hope some of you knowledeable members can direct me.

Windows XP
Dreamweaver 8.0.2 (just upgraded - same problem)

- Used setup-v1.17-apache-2.2.2-win32.exe for setup

- All was going well until trying to establish bindings in Dreamweaver. PHP is up and running. MySQL loaded, and database connection fine. Bindings gets the error...

Attempts made to solve:

- re-installed MySQL with mysql-5.0.24-win32.zip in recommended directory (outside the www directory). I now have two instances of MySQL on my local server - one set to automatic loading and the other manual (switched off)

- one post suggested problem might be with ODBC - installed SQL ODBC with mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.12-win32.msi. However, I don't have a clue as to whether it's connected to anything...

- successfully connected to SQL database through root without password and specific logon and password. No difference.

- other posts suggest problem could reside in php.ini, htaccess, my.ini (SQL). I know where to find them, but don't have an understanding of what parameters to shift, if any. One post suggested a port problem, and I did see a port problem, presently set to 3306.

From what I've been able to gather, this has been recognized as an issue before, but there doesn't seem to be any documentation online (or at least what I've been able to find) dealing with this. And any mention of the problem that I've seen references Dreamweaver MX, not 8, although I don't think the version difference is a significant issue.

This error must be relatively rare, or I'd see more out there about it.  Still, I hope there are a few of you who have come across it.

Will be waiting with bated breath -- at least for a few days...

Thanks!

Joe
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 12:24:45 AM »

What exactly is a binding in Dreamweaver and how does it relate to php and mysql. Does it have anything to do with Apache?

Have you checked mysql error log, \www\mysql\data\<computername>.err
Also, \www\Apache22\logs\error.log

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 12:28:58 AM »

This seems to answer my question...
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/is/mysql/dreamweaver/

It could be that Dreamweaver is not compatible with PHP5 and/or MySQL5. Or it needs some dll. Or you are not setting things up right.

Have you searched for 'php mysql dreamweaver' under google?

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
jblattert

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 01:04:28 AM »

Thank you for your quick attention!

The php mysql dreamweaver search was one of my first. Also did "dreamweaver bindings php mysql" I was sidetracked for a few hours when I lost MySQL access and didn't know any other way but to do a reinstall.

SQL Error log - only lists startup and down - nothing about this connect error.

Similar threads, although not exact:
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?52,62752,95247

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=16275  (I wonder...)

http://forums.apress.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2817&page=8&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I was just trying to find one thread that was the closest to what I've experienced. Solution was installing the ODBC, but by that time the guy was learning so much through trial and error that he didn't post his complete solution.

Most of what I've found has to do with Dreamweaver recognizing the MySQL database. I'm already go on that point. Apache, PHP, MySQL - bindings (as you read in the help file) is the problem. I've checked my procedures and they're according to the posted details.

So... if you have any hunches about what parameters I should look at, I'll start picking it apart.

Compatibility issues of Dreamweaver - I can check into that, but I'd be surprised. I could back up in version, but why would Dreamweaver recognize the database and not bind? Sounds like it isn't finding something.

Thanks!

Joe
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 01:10:10 AM »

Are you sure you did not override the original my.ini file (under %system32%) when you installed the other version of mysql. If you used the setup version, it probably edited the registry, and there is no telling which my.ini is getting loaded.

DeveloperSide.NET
jblattert

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 01:45:34 AM »

Both my.ini files are listed - but one instance of sql is not active. Each is specific to each instance, and each sql has a different name (sql, sql5)

Wouldn't that make the other ini file irrelevant? Also, the same problem with bindings have existed in both sql instances.

Other thoughts to check? (pending - research php/sql version support in Dreamweaver)

Joe
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 02:01:10 AM »

If you want to post the parameters you use under the dreamweaver bindings, I'll take a look at them to see if I spot anything wrong.

DeveloperSide.NET
jblattert

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 08:33:40 PM »

Just getting back to it...  Again, thank you for your help!

Dreamweaver 8 has support for PHP 5. Version I'm using is 5.2.0. MX specifies versions 4.x and above are required. I'll have to research if the support cuts off at 5.0.

My Connections file: conn_newland.php (I'm following the book tutorial):

<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_conn_newland = "localhost";
$database_conn_newland = "newland_tours";
$username_conn_newland = "root";
$password_conn_newland = "";
$conn_newland = mysql_pconnect($hostname_conn_newland, $username_conn_newland, $password_conn_newland) or die(mysql_error());
$Recordset1 = mysql_query("SHOW variables", $Connection1);

echo "<table border=1 width=100%>";
   while ($row_Recordset1 = mysql_fetch_assoc($Recordset1)) {
   echo "<tr><td>".$row_Recordset1['Variable_name']."</td><td>".$row_Recordset1['Value']."</td></tr>";
   }
   echo "</table>";
?>

Recordset parameters I entered in bindings:

Name: rs_journal
Connection: conn_newland
Table: tbl_journal
Columns: Selected - journalID, journal_entry
Filter: none
Sort: journalID  Descending

Clicking Test gives: "HTTP Error Code 500 Internal Server Error"

By the way, the reason I didn't specify a password in "root' is that I had a problem before that I didn't know enough to overcome, so had to reinstall MySQL. However, the same error occurs if I specify another user name and password (previously set up).

7:30 pm -

Adding to this post...

I found the following at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_16515. However, it appears it may be referring only to Dreamweaver MX 2004 on Mac OS X. I have Dreamweaver 8 on Windows XP:

Verify that the connection scripts are up on the server

This section is related to the section above. In a web browser, browse to the URL prefix you have defined in the Testing Server category of the site definition and add /_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php. For example: http:/myserver/mysite/_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php. If things are working correctly, you should see something like the following text returned in the web browser:

Notice: Undefined index: Type in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\_mmServerScripts\MMHTTPDB.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined variable: oConn in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\_mmServerScripts\MMHTTPDB.php on line 20

When I go to the file above, this is the message I receive (only thing that appears):

The files from the _mmServerScripts folder are for the server model PHP-MySQL. You try to connect to a database using a different server model . Please remove this folder outside the Dreamweaver environment on both local and testing machines and try again.\n

Is there a hint here of what the problem is? I need some help in possible interpretations.

Thanx!

Joe
joseffb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 04:37:22 AM »

I'm having a very similar problem.

I can connect to the DB fine but the server behaviors and the Bindings are giving me a 403.

I noticed that when I chmod my mmhttpdb.php file to 666 (write for Others and Group) I get a 500 in the those areas. Try setting your permission for that file to 644.

As for me I havent found any help on my wierd problem.
dylanobrian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 05:35:11 AM »

Old thread, but in case anyone is interested, I was able to solve this problem of 500 errors with Dreamweaver bindings by disabling mod_security2.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 12:32:57 PM »

I'm going to make a note to turn mod_security off when someone has problems.

DeveloperSide.NET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: