DeveloperSide.NET Forums
June 05, 2020, 02:37:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update, new Suite, Control Panel, SourceForge, Installer...  (Read 29924 times)
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 04:48:07 PM »

It works on my win2k sys, but under XP something is still off. I cannot seem to get the correct conversion of Dlg units to pixels. Maybe its TrueType related. It seems to clip early.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
DeliriumServers
Customer, Basic Support

delirium.martin@gmail.com a5m0deu5
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 08:43:13 PM »

why not just have it start another line?

es, i'm crazy
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 11:06:58 PM »

Either I would have to have two lines by default for that control, which would look odd, or do it dynamically, which would be a pain.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 09:30:35 PM »

Version 0.98[beta] is out. The clipping problem should be fixed now. Turned out it was a few rounding off errors and another minor problem. If a string is too big, it will show all it can, on one line, with a "..." at the end.

DeveloperSide.NET
DeliriumServers
Customer, Basic Support

delirium.martin@gmail.com a5m0deu5
View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 11:16:09 PM »

works good! can't wait for the new suite!

es, i'm crazy
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2006, 08:19:45 PM »

Update:

I have been working on a dynamic dns client and server. A few more days, and it will probably be ready for release; client integrated under the Control Panel...

You will be able to resolve any *.dynside.net domain name to your system.

Its working for the most part right now, but a few things still have to be implemented and checked.

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 06:38:54 PM »

Control Panel v0.990[beta] released Nov 3rd.

The Dynamic DNS client has been integrated into the Control Panel and the Dynamic DNS Server is running.

Enter a user, password, domain name, and click the new-user field. Hit update and the server will return your public IP and a message saying that everything is OK or what has gone wrong. The DNS Server reloads every 3 minutes. I would wait for about 5 minutes before trying the new domain or your system and browser will locally cache a negative dns entry and your browser will keep returning that no host can be found.

Try it out and let me know how it works out for you.

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2006, 12:08:23 AM »

Suite v1.90 is out.

DeveloperSide.NET
ProBlazer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 10:05:16 PM »

is it possible to use the new 'control panel' app on the old version of the suite?  By reading this post it would seem as if the app was tested on the previous version so I'm guessing it will work.  But wanted to ask before I try.  

If it will work, do I have to make any special configuration changes?  

Is there a place where I can get a standalone download of the app?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 10:55:55 PM »

It _should_ work in the sense that I can't think of anything right now that would prevent anything from not working except for some of the menu items.

All the Services are referenced via their name, so any srv named "Apache2", "MySQL", "Tomcat5", will be controlled.

There was a standalone version download, but its not up right now. I think there is a command line switch with Inno Setup (the installer I use) that will extract the files without installing...

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 10:58:32 PM »

You would have to use this program to extract the files from setup...
http://innounp.sourceforge.net/

DeveloperSide.NET
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: