DeveloperSide.NET Forums
June 05, 2020, 02:17:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suite version 1.90 is now out.  (Read 4998 times)
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 26, 2006, 12:04:57 AM »

November 25, 2006

Web-Developer Server Suite version 1.90 Released.

I've spent more time on this release than on any other one.

This is a transition release to the upcoming version 2.0. More features are going into 2.0. Its just going to be a while, so I wanted to put this out.

This Suite is SSL-enabled and open for anyone to download.

Web-Developer Controller with Dynamic DNS is integrated into package.

This release also comes with an updated installer, that is a bit more useful and friendly. And an uninstaller.

There are probably a few minor details and corrections that need to be made to this release.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
raptorconcepts

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 09:02:09 PM »

v1.18 was my first install of the suite, so I'm not aware of how to upgrade and what the implications may be to existing configurations.

Can the suite be upgraded?
If so, what configuration settings do I need to retain?
If not, what do I need to do to remove the old suite before installing the new?

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 10:32:08 PM »

Follow the uninstall instructions under readme1st.html that came with your version.

There is no simple way to upgrade from 1.18 to 1.90. You need to manually uninstall and backup whatever data you might need...

Webroot, your Apache configuration files that you have modified, and MySQL data.

You can also just stop and uninstall Apache2 and MySQL Services, and rename C:\www to C:\www.old before proceeding with the install. That way you can always go back.

Version 1.90+ now has an uninstall feature, and I will also add a backup script at or before v2.0

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: