DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 06, 2020, 05:31:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Apache used to work, now it doesn't  (Read 48594 times)
rossporubski
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 12:57:43 PM »

I guess because I am hosting and using DNS locally is why I'm able to resolve my domain locally?

How do I know if they are bound? Is this in the conf?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 02:22:56 PM »

Our tomcat is bound by default to 127.0.0.1, under \www\tomcat5\conf\server.xml, just change all 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
rossporubski
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 02:29:45 PM »

Cool, I'll do it when I get home. BTW. I was using the wrong wamp. No wonder. I didn't realize there were a couple other flavors from other sites. I'll be making a donation today. You are very helpful.

***EDIT
I'd like to make a donation but don't see paypal anywhere.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 03:20:33 PM »

Donate Link

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
rossporubski
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 03:56:50 PM »

Done. I can't wait to get my christmas site up  :lol:
rossporubski
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 09:51:48 AM »

Is there anyway to use host headers? I'd like to browse my site by www.porubskihome.com without the port forwarded number?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 02:22:54 PM »

No, but you can either run whatever it is you are running [I still do not know if you are using Apache, Tomcat, or something else] on either port 80 [should be a simple config change], or use your router to associate LAN port 8080 to WAN 80. Port 80 is the default port for HTTP, so when you access a website, any website, its always going to port 80.

BTW, yoursite:8080 is working for me.

DeveloperSide.NET
rossporubski
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 02:26:22 PM »

I wish I could use 80, I'm using your wamp. I did what you said with the server.xml file for tomcat. I removed all occurrances of 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0. I have to use 8080 because I'm on verizon, they block port 80.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 02:26:32 PM »

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /server-info on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8d PHP/5.2.0 mod_perl/2.0.3-dev Perl/v5.8.8 Server at www.porubskihome.com Port 8080

I see you are using the Suite.

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 02:28:34 PM »

If they are blocking port 80, then you have no choice but to use something else.

So is this a php/html site or are you using jsp (tomcat)?

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 02:29:39 PM »

How sure are you that your isp is blocking port 80? Did you say you had it all working before, I assume on 80?

DeveloperSide.NET
rossporubski
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2006, 02:32:37 PM »

I had it all working before on 8080. I actually called verizon because of this issue before and they informed it is a vulnerability on the network to allow customers to use it, so they locked it down.

I had been using a different wamp other than this prior. I had thought it was yours but it was some other one. I am currently using devside though. The one I used before utilized zoneedit for it's dns, I could web forward my address in there to be able to search with the standard scheme .
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »

You know you could get really simple hosting for something like $5-$10 a month. You could develop your site locally with our Suite, and upload the data to the host.

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »

I had it all working before on 8080. I actually called verizon because of this issue before and they informed it is a vulnerability on the network to allow customers to use it, so they locked it down.

They just want more money.

The one I used before utilized zoneedit for it's dns, I could web forward my address in there to be able to search with the standard scheme.

Sounds like they gave you a proxy service. Which would work, but everything gets served to the client via there proxy server.

DeveloperSide.NET
rossporubski
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2006, 02:38:07 PM »

Naa, too cheap to do that. Why pay somebody when you can do it yourself. See the wamp I was using was EASYPHP, like I said everything worked fine until the system crashed. I simply installed it and everything worked. Like yours does. Except this time I installed and everything didn't work. You can't get help from that site unless you speak french. I don't.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: