DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 09, 2020, 01:51:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ActivePerl and Web-Developer WAMP Server 1.93  (Read 5604 times)
Bengtr
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2006, 08:46:28 PM »

I have read earlier threads about using ActivePerl. But is it possible to *replace* the installed perl with ActivePerl and make appropriate changes in Apache conf files? Certain modules I need to have installed (which is not included as standard in ActivePerl)? Problems I will run into?

I am not certain that I want to do it, but I am thinking of installing Mason and they recommend using ActivePerl. By the way: do you know if Mason will give me a lot of headache with WD?

Bengt
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 09:14:19 PM »

As long as you are not using mod_perl, you can simply put the path to ActiveState before our \www\perl\bin in the system path.

Otherwise you need to disable mod_perl and just use whatever ActiveState provides.

I'm not sure why Mason would have a problem with this distro as long as you know how to configure it.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Bengtr
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 09:45:06 PM »

Will not mod_perl and ActivePerl work together, or is it just your build of mod_perl that will not work with ActivePerl? Can I then use another build of mod_perl... or am I on deep water here?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 10:03:34 PM »

You probably need to use a built based of ActiveState.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: