DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 09, 2020, 12:45:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding new modules  (Read 6423 times)
pturner

View Profile Email
« on: January 08, 2007, 04:16:39 PM »

I have been using DS.NET on windows 2003 for about a month now and have my website running pretty well, it's a great package by the way.  I have found my self needing to add a new module to apache, more specificly pubcookie and was looking for some help on how to do this.  i have tired downloading the .msi at pubcookie.org, but i get an error about not connecting to the metabase or something.  Also i worry that the .msi is only for IIS, but not sure about that one.  Any help would be great, thanks.
rp_024
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »

It states right on the webpage.....

Pubcookie:
open-source software for intra-institutional web authentication

Pubcookie consists of a standalone login server and modules for common web server platforms like Apache and Microsoft IIS. Together, these components can turn existing authentication services (like Kerberos, LDAP, or NIS) into a solution for single sign-on authentication to websites throughout an institution.

IIS isn't installed by default when W2K3 Server is installed. IIS has to be installed and configured to work. You'll need to read their docs on how to use it with apache. IIS isn't the issue.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 11:40:05 PM »

I looked at the site and it seems they have an Apache version, but I have never seen this module before so I cant help specifically.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
pturner

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 01:34:21 AM »

Thanks Mr. rp_024, i know what pubcookie is, i also know that IIS is not installed by default.  i had problems simply installing pubcookie and was worried that the windows version that is available for pubcookie is for IIS only.  i was simple asking if there is a special way to install apache modules in a windows enviroment since most of the instructions for adding them are for *nix.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 02:10:14 AM »

The msi probably will not work to well unless it asks for paths for the Apache installation and can modify httpd.conf correctly, and even then it would probably be better to take care of it manually. You would place the module under \www\Apache22\modules, and edit \www\Apache22\conf\httpd.conf or components.conf with a loadmodule line and the configuration data.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: