DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 09, 2020, 10:41:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NO connection from outside my local network.  (Read 13009 times)
Zephy

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2006, 08:48:51 PM »

People can't access my server but I can, of course, easily do it here from home (the server is set up on this computer forwarding 80 to it on my d-link router) just using localhost as the address. So my WAN IP doesn't work for other people, neither does my domain and No-IP DNS.

I just tried setting the portforward on my router to something else but 80 and then people could access it from the outside. Is there anything else but the isp blocking the port that can be the problem with port 80. Or is there something I can do so people don't have to put the custom port in the address bar?

Oh and also when people tried to connect to my domain it would show my ip in the statusbar.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 10:31:37 PM »

Sounds like your ISP is blocking port 80, if the WAN side can see your site from another port.

Nothing you can do about it but use a web forwarding service. So someone can simply enter your website in the URL and the service will forward that someone to your website:port.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
rp_024
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 12:56:57 PM »

I have verizon and they block port 80, I use zoneedit as my dns name servers.

In your apache httpd.conf file change your localhost to listen on 8080 as opposed to 80, my ip is port forwarded to 8080 in my router. In zoneedit I have my site webforwarded. go to dslwebserver.com and click on step by step. Then click the link "port forwarding with host headers". It'll show you how to get around the blocking of port 80 and host your site with out the headers as normal, ie. http://www.mysite.com as opposed to http://www.mysite.com:8080
BernieW
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 08:18:14 PM »

I can access my server via my home network, but when I try to access it from the internet, I get my routers setup (Siemenís Speedstream 6520) page. My ISP (Frontier) does not block port 80.

I setup port forwarding in the router and created a Dynamic DNS at DynDNS.org.

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 08:20:17 PM »

If that is happening, then port forwarding under your router is not setup correctly.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
rp_024
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 10:19:36 PM »

If your ISP doesn't block, what is the need for port forwarding?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 10:50:36 PM »

DNAT (dynamic network address translation) has the effect of blocking WAN incoming requests, that were not initiated from the LAN.

He still would need to port forward port 80 WAN to port 80 local-ip.

DeveloperSide.NET
dram

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 11:18:03 PM »

I am having the same problem with being able to access my server from localhost and my internal IP, but not from the outside. I just changed port forwarding on my router to something other than 80, (I found out my ISP blocks 80) and also changed it on listen in my apache conf file. Now I CAN'T access my server at all from local host or any other address.
In the apache conf file, in the 'server name' line, do I put an IP address : port number OR should I put the name of my DynDNS name? (I registered at dyndns.com)

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 12:07:14 AM »

That does not go under servername.

There is a line at the top, 'Listen 80'.

Change that to another port number.

I would also make sure that the Windows native Firewall is not restricting Apache and MySQL and those programs are allowed.

DeveloperSide.NET
dram

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 05:50:00 AM »

now I got localhost and the internal IP address to work with the :8000, but it still can't be accessed from the no-ip domain name or the WAN IP address, even with the :8000. The port forwarding is configured correctly on the router...
rp_024
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 04:05:13 PM »

Are you using an ip updater for your local IP to synch with your NO-IP dns nameservers? I think they prefer you use DynDNS ip updater.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: