DeveloperSide.NET Forums
December 10, 2019, 08:40:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CMS softwares usage  (Read 14935 times)
rp_024
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2007, 06:20:03 PM »

I see no real reason to use this unless you are a company of sorts running a business. Does anybody have any other reason to use it? Just seems like a lot of work to keep it up to date. I can create, edit and publish my site in a day and I have all kinds of interactive crap. Just an inquiry to see what others think, or to see why or what they use it for.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 06:52:59 PM »

Like Drupal or Joomla?

I've heard a lot of people say they started out doing things by hand, then by writing their own CMS, then discovering a real CMS and just keeping to it.

After a while, it simplifies things... You just need to get to know the system real well.

Keeping it updated is not that much of a problem, as long as you know how to do that right.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
rp_024
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 07:53:25 PM »

Yeh, drupal. I installed it and tinkered around in there and saw no real use for it. I did however install a streaming media server software called Zina. Its free and simple to use. I have a ton of music in there my friends all stream real time. Works perfectly.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 07:59:21 PM »

The real use of a CMS comes out when you get deep in it. Otherwise, on the surface, it really does seem to have not much use.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: