DeveloperSide.NET Forums
January 24, 2020, 08:28:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: congratulation and offering as a volunteer  (Read 8106 times)
muenalan
« on: December 22, 2003, 09:18:40 PM »

*Cheerio* I am really fond of this project.

Thank you very much. I look forward to get a sleek *installshield*ish installer run and all that LAMP stuff runs/configures smooth via a wizard/druid.

That day will be like christmas+silvester+birth coincide on one day.

I will volunteer on perl-centric stuff as much as possible.

Murat
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 09:45:52 PM »

Thanks for complement,

I've been looking into using an automated installer, like Inno Setup, or NSIS, but they lack the functionality to just allow the user to ONLY select the drive letter, without brining up all the other locations, for the installation location.

‘www’ has to be in the top location of a drive letter.

I needed for the user to be presented with a menu of all the drive letters on the system, and to select one, on which 'www' would be placed.  Unfortunately, that simplistic behavior was not taken into account with the mentioned installers.  At least from my limited experience with them.

And that’s just one of the problems I encountered.

I need to code my own installer, which I'm working on, including some other major changes to the project.  Like a GUI to the package, additional components and tools, and a site redesign.  Big changes are coming…

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: