DeveloperSide.NET Forums
December 10, 2019, 03:14:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: PHP Troulbes  (Read 19292 times)
3rdtimelucky

View Profile Email
« on: March 19, 2007, 05:43:48 PM »

I have been trying to get this phpBB2 forums to work with your "Web-Developer Server Suite". And i have installed everything and everything seems to be running. But if i go through Firefox or IE to browse my server dir and click on the phpBB2 install.php file and it comes up blank. if i go to the install.php in the /WWW/ dir it come up in code. Now i have been told to ad

"AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3"

But this has still done nothing to help. As soon as i change that i loose the "PHP Extensions" in the "Web-Developer Server Suite" Controller. I don't get how this can not work when it was all made together and considering it came with the phpBB2 files already there but it does not work.

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 06:28:37 PM »

The Suite came with phpBB and you should have been able to load http://localhost/phpbb2 without doing anything else.

Maybe it would be best to uninstall, and re-install.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
3rdtimelucky

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 02:56:35 AM »

Now i got to get into the phpBB setup, but now the MySQL is not working. phpBB does cannot connect to it. When I try to set it up with that "MySQLInstanceConfig" i get all the way to the end where is says "install as windows service" and tells me that there is a service already running with that name. I can make it MySQL4 or MySQL5 but then when i get to the end of the wizard it tells me a template (my-temeplate.cnf) cannot be found yet i can see it there i can access it manually. Still not allowing me to connect to the DB server.

Can i just install MS access and not use that MySQL at all or because it cant with it it is the only software it works with??

GOING BALD VERY QUICKLY
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 02:02:04 PM »

MySQL was already installed. All you had to do was install the Suite, go to the mentioned link, and pick a username and password. Everything was pre-filled and pre-configured. If you have not shut MySQL down, or did anything else, just go to the link, and do not fill anything in thats already filled.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 02:45:01 PM by admin » Logged

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
3rdtimelucky

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 04:45:45 PM »

Ok this is pissing me off now. How come now one can connect to the forums. they can connect to the web page i have made but not the forums. what am i doing wrong
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 06:34:55 PM »

You are not doing anything wrong, the connection is only allowed from the local system, initially, as you do not want someone else running install.php.

http://www.devside.net/download/wd-guide/

Edit \www\Apache22\conf\Suite-extra\phpbb2.conf

Edit this...
Code:
order allow,deny
allow from 127.0.0.1
#allow from all

to this...
Code:
order allow,deny
#allow from 127.0.0.1
allow from all

Save changes, restart Apache.

DeveloperSide.NET
3rdtimelucky

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 12:40:35 AM »

Hey thanks you so much hey. I feel like a noob. I remember even seeing that now.

There is one more small thing though.
people can register but when they sign in they get an error:  Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 554 : Helo command rejected: Greeted me with my own hostname

DEBUG MODE

Line : 153
File : smtp.php

after ya type in you user name and password you get page cant be displayed

They can still post and everything but they get they msg every time they log in

Is this another thing i have done wrong or is there a setting i have missed.]

Sorry for being a big pain in the arse. But thanks for the help
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 12:59:50 AM by 3rdtimelucky » Logged
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 01:32:19 AM »

You have to have a mail server, to send out mail, unless you can configure php.ini to use your ISP's smtp server. Check thread at the top about sending mail with php.

DeveloperSide.NET
3rdtimelucky

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 08:49:22 AM »

Still getting a blank page after someone registers and if you login you get "page cannot displayed". anyone know what i have or haven't done.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 11:37:29 AM »

Check \www\Apache22\logs\error.log for clues.

DeveloperSide.NET
3rdtimelucky

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 01:55:06 PM »

i went in there to check and it is full of errors i do not know what is going on. i am trying to get a forum going . i have got a domain name and want to use that but i cant seem to work that out either. i don't know what else to do. Error
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 03:18:57 PM »

No errors there, just the usual warnings.

As far as the domain name goes, you set that up with your Registrar... If you have a static IP, you can just set it to your IP, if you have a dynamic IP, you need a dynamic dns service, and set the domain to a name server.

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 03:22:16 PM »

I checked your forum. The problem with the login, is it redirect to 'localhost' after a submit.

Maybe you should check your phpbb config settings and use the domain or ip address, over localhost.

DeveloperSide.NET
3rdtimelucky

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 11:31:46 PM »

u huh.... think i might just give up. i looked everywhere for that stuff ya said couldn't find anything about it. Thought all i had to do was install it. i have registered a domain number because i was told i needed one to run my own server i got all this software because i was told it was all done for ya. i have been trying to get this working for about a week now.

Where do i link my domain with my IP. I have been to where i got my domain from. or do i set it on my server here or what.

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 11:48:33 PM »

Linking your domain to an IP address has nothing to do with the server. You do that with your Registrar <- the company you have purchased the domain from. Make sure your IP is static <- it does not change from day to day.

As far as that other problem, check under Administration Panel >> Configuration >> Domain Name

Put your IP address there, since you do not have your domain name resolved yet.

DeveloperSide.NET
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: