DeveloperSide.NET Forums
August 17, 2018, 01:58:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing a Main Page  (Read 39847 times)
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 08, 2007, 02:58:41 PM »

Every one knows that the webroot directory is the main web directory. Is there a way of adding a index.php file in that directory and I can use to access all the other pages that I have set up.

and, I do know that each page has its own log in option. Can I transfer login options to each page. or web site thats installed.

Like phpbbs and joomla. That way they are not loging on every time they go from one web site to the other.

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 07:56:47 PM »

You can link out of index.php to your other pages?

Or are you talking about VirtualHosts/other domains? In this case, you can log to a separate file.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 08:14:48 PM »

Ok, I mean the other pages that I can setup, like phpbb2 and joomla, I tried making an index.php file and linking them too to. I keep getting an error access denied. Just telling me that I don't have access. well if the php index.php files are in a directory thats not off the webroot directory. I have no way to access them from another page.

any ideas

Joe

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 08:38:12 PM »

You can't link out to http://localhost/phpbb2 ?

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 08:44:16 PM »

Then how can we use the scripts that come with web devloper. There no since in adding them if we can't use them, thats dum, right.

d:\www\webroot main dir, where we put our pages
d:\www\webapps main dir where the scripts are. ok

So I don't get it. How can we use those apps!

thanks

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 09:15:58 PM »

Could you give me an exact example?

If you are putting things under webapps, you will need to alias that to a URL. That dir is reserved for the webapps that come with WD, nothing more.

DeveloperSide.NET
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 09:28:04 PM »

Thats what I'm trying to tell you that I can't access anything thats not in the webroot directory. the apps! are in a dir that I can't access from a main page thats in the webroot directory.

www\webroot\*.* I can access any thing here, in any directory. If you have your web apps! in another directory under the webroot directory no one will be able to access those pages from the internet. Get it

I can NOT access any thing in the

www/webapps/  This DIR is not in the webroot dir.

I hope that help, if not, you can IM me in Yahoo messenger using "bigjoe11a" and I'll find a way to show you

Thanks

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 09:54:13 PM »

Nope. I still don't get it.

Unless you are saying that you CAN access localhost/phpbb2, but no else can... Which would make sense since by default the webapps are bound to 127.0.0.1 for security reasons. Its a one line change under the \www\Apache22\conf\Suite-extra\webapps\whatever_webapp.conf files.

If you are saying that you have placed some_script.php under \www\webapps\ and can't access it... That would also make sense since that DIR is not URL aliased under httpd.conf, or has permissions and script exec set under httpd.conf

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 09:56:37 PM »

www/webapps/  This DIR is not in the webroot dir.

There is no need for it to be under webroot. Its webapp's subdirs are URL is "aliased" to their appropriate DIRs -- bypassing webroot.

DeveloperSide.NET
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 09:59:46 PM »

Well I don't know, thats how WD installed it. It should install to the webroot DIR. I tried copying them over to the new DIR, I just couldn't get anything to work. So I left it as is was, and couldn't connect to them.

Any ideas.

Thank Again

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 10:06:42 PM »

No, they go under \www\webapps.

Look at any of the conf files under Suite-extra\webapps\. Each one tells Apache that whenever someone requests localhost/<webapp>, to look for it under \www\webapps\<webapp> -- and not \www\webroot.

Its best this way, for security and order.

DeveloperSide.NET
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 10:17:57 PM »

o, they go under \www\webapps.

Look at any of the conf files under Suite-extra\webapps\. Each one tells Apache that whenever someone requests localhost/<webapp>, to look for it under \www\webapps\<webapp> -- and not \www\webroot.

Its best this way, for security and order.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats the way it is setup. How can I access those scripts over the internet.

I put a index.php page in the webroot DIR. with a link in it.

<a href="phpbb2/">Forums Area</a>

and it doesn't work, when some one connect and brings up the main page. and they click that link. It keeps saying access denied. They are not allowed in the directory!

Thanks

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 10:27:15 PM »

Edit \www\Apache22\conf\Suite-extra\webapps\phpbb2.conf

Comment out...
allow from 127.0.0.1

Uncomment...
# allow from all

Restart Apache.

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 10:28:54 PM »

And change the link to <a href="/phpbb2/">Forums Area</a>

DeveloperSide.NET
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 10:43:15 PM »

Ok, it's online and up. You try and then you tell me. The same line you gave me is the same line I tried

http://filemud.dtdns.net/

Theres a generic page and click the forums link, and thats what happens.

I leave it up for a bout 2 hours or so. Until I hear you.

Thanks

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: