DeveloperSide.NET Forums
November 22, 2019, 12:30:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing a Main Page  (Read 47201 times)
vatulaulau

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 08:41:29 AM »

If not that, then some kind of common log in thru a shared database in mysql that all the apps read from. Conceptually, it doesn't seem all that difficult - but I'm no coder.

The log in problem is a big one... There is just no way around it at this time. Either every app has to have a module written that integrates it's user database with the other apps, or log in modules have to be written to take advantage of a 3rd party SSO [single sign on] solution. The latter being the choice that will probably win.

Thanks a lot admin for your help.My index.htm file picks up now and I am able to see the login form-thx again.Thing is,after creating the required databases and tables in MySQL and then entering the stored username and password in the login form-I get an error message"Not connected: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)".This error message is most probably due to the preconfigured password and username you guys have put in the webdeveloper suite-how do I get around this?It would be nice if a user could just "login" using the password and username which they have been assigned/created.Appreciate all the help you've given so far.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2007, 01:41:03 PM »

I'm not eactly sure what you are doing, but the error message is saying that you are accessing the mysql db with user 'root', and no password is being provided... The default password for root is 'rootwdp'.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »

If not that, then some kind of common log in thru a shared database in mysql that all the apps read from. Conceptually, it doesn't seem all that difficult - but I'm no coder.

The log in problem is a big one... There is just no way around it at this time. Either every app has to have a module written that integrates it's user database with the other apps, or log in modules have to be written to take advantage of a 3rd party SSO [single sign on] solution. The latter being the choice that will probably win.

Thanks a lot admin for your help.My index.htm file picks up now and I am able to see the login form-thx again.Thing is,after creating the required databases and tables in MySQL and then entering the stored username and password in the login form-I get an error message"Not connected: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)".This error message is most probably due to the preconfigured password and username you guys have put in the webdeveloper suite-how do I get around this?It would be nice if a user could just "login" using the password and username which they have been assigned/created.Appreciate all the help you've given so far.

Yep, that why your getting the error. Try changing your password to log in as "rootwdp". and a user name of "root". If you want to use another user name and password. Go into myphpadmin and create a new user account with a new password. and make sure you setup access rights for that user. and try it again.
using your new name and password.

vatulaulau

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 03:25:20 AM »

Okay,here is the thing-you guys are correct and thanks.I changed the argument value for the data access base class-php is the server-side scripting language-from password=" " to password="rootwdp" and it worked-now I can run my web-based application.Thanks again.
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2007, 05:32:58 AM »

Your Welcome and np

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: