DeveloperSide.NET Forums
December 13, 2019, 12:52:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apache 2.2 crashes when accessing localhost from server.  (Read 13400 times)
mstngpunk

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2007, 06:10:06 PM »

I'm hoping that these problems are easier to fix than I'm thinking....

Here are my problems:
1.  If I try to access localhost from the server I installed the devside.net package from, windows reports an Apache error, and the server crashes.  Inside my webroot, I placed a redirect to the mediawiki directory. 
2.  If I try to access this server from another machine, I can see the pages correctly and nothing crashes until I try to edit....then it dies.

Any suggestions, help, and advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 11:01:05 PM »

What are the contents of \www\Apache22\logs\error.log ?

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
mstngpunk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 06:50:09 PM »

I'm thinking that this could be a problem with the PHP.  If I access localhost/hello I don't get a crash.  However, if I try to load mediawiki which is a php call, then it crashes.

So is there a way to reinstall PHP without uninstalling the whole devside package?
mstngpunk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 06:55:58 PM »

I also meant to ask - will the devside server package install correctly if done will logged in as a user instead of an admin?

My initial install was completed without administrative rights....and I'm not sure that the path environment variables were written correclty, if at all because of this.

I might just try and reinstall the entire package now as admin, but I don't want to lost the mediawiki content that I've already added.  Can I backup those databases or the information somehow?

Thanks.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:55:18 PM »

This is a quick and dirty way for doing it, but just save the \www\mysql\data dir and copy it over -- though make sure mysql is stopped 1st. It will be good since the mysql versions are the same.

You can also try setting the path manually, just add...
C:\www\openssl\bin;C:\www\Apache22\bin;C:\www\php5;C:\www\mysql5\bin;C:\www\perl\bin;
..to the sys path, and make sure to reboot afterwards <- important.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
mstngpunk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 05:57:50 PM »

More on this saga....

I've reinstalled the entire package as an admin on the machine I want it to run on.  This time everything seemed perfect and I was up in running in minutes.  I was able to access the server from another machine on the network and create several user accounts....and that's where the happiness ended.

After I created several accounts, if I tried to log-in from the network machine the webpage would crash and I would get a windows error telling me that apache crashed.

Apache has been able to restart itself succesfully each time, but I can't seem to get it to run steadily.

I'd also like to add that I have also started getting error (20024) in my log.  What's weird though, is that this only happens after I've done some initial work like creating a few users...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 08:18:19 PM by mstngpunk » Logged
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 12:45:28 AM »

Users? As in windows users or something else?

DeveloperSide.NET
mstngpunk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 01:32:16 AM »

I think I discovered my problem, but I'm not sure why it's my problem.

I meant MediaWiki users, because that's what I'll primarily be using the server for.

What I've discovered is that as soon as I try to use MYSQL Administrator (the windows gui tool), I recieve an error about startup variables.  After that nothing seems to work right.  This happens everytime I use it, even directly after a fresh install.

Today I completed a fresh install and everything is working great.  Tomorrow I'm going to try running the mysql administrator to see if it causes the crash again.....

Stay tuned.
mstngpunk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 01:46:39 PM »

After a night of rest I hopped onto my wiki site this morning, only to have apache crash....and I didn't open the MYSQL Admin tools..  So there goes that theory.

This is what my log is displaying when I apache is crashing this time.

[Thu Apr 26 09:23:41 2007] [error] [client ***.**.**.*] ModSecurity: Warning. Pattern match "(?:\\\\b(?:f(?:tp_(?:nb_)?f?(?:ge|pu)t|get(?:s?s|c)|scanf|write|open|read)|gz(?:(?:encod|writ)e|compress|open|read)|s(?:ession_start|candir)|read(?:(?:gz)?file|dir)|move_uploaded_file|(?:proc_|bz)open)|\\\\$_(?:(?:pos|ge)t|session))\\\\b" at RESPONSE_BODY. [id "970015"] [msg "PHP source code leakage"] [severity "WARNING"]

Any ideas as to what could be the problem?  Can/should I disable this ModSecurity?
mstngpunk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 09:25:16 PM »

I'm also wondering how to fix this little bug....

[Thu Apr 26 17:17:21 2007] [error] [client ***.***.**.*] (20024)The given path misformatted or contained invalid characters: Cannot map GET /wiki/MyWiki:Site_support HTTP/1.1 to file, referer: http://MyWiki/wiki/Main_Page

I have seen a bunch of posts on various sites about this being a windows issue with the colon: , but there must be a fix or work around for it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: