DeveloperSide.NET Forums
November 14, 2019, 03:08:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: WAMP-stack Controller Crashing  (Read 29890 times)
jmcgarvey

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2007, 01:08:35 PM »

Hi,
I just installed WAMP on a new XP machine a few days ago and all was running fine.  Suddenly, the controller application is crashing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no luck. Apache/Tomcat/PHP/MySQL are all fine.  Just the controller crashes.  Does anyone know why this might be happening?  See image and error files:

http://www.josephmcgarvey.com/f906_appcompat.xml

Thanks!

Joe
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 06:38:50 PM »

Odd. I've never had anyone have problems with it crashing.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
jmcgarvey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 10:14:00 PM »

Yeah... I run it on another XP machine and it's fine.  It has to be a conflict with another app.  Will update if I find the culprit.
hrvoje

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 09:35:51 PM »

Hello,
I have the same problem. Controller was working and now it can't be started. In controller.log file I can see that
it is stopped when reading environment - i.e. PATH value. When I truncate PATH, then it is stopped on some other
environment variable (CATALINA_HOME).
If someone is interrested :o) in these log files, I can send it.
Regards
Hrvoje
vatulaulau

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 04:04:25 AM »

Hi,
I just installed WAMP on a new XP machine a few days ago and all was running fine.  Suddenly, the controller application is crashing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no luck. Apache/Tomcat/PHP/MySQL are all fine.  Just the controller crashes.  Does anyone know why this might be happening?  See image and error files:

http://www.josephmcgarvey.com/f906_appcompat.xml

Thanks!

Joe

I have the same problem on Windows Vista-everything is working fine except for the controller.Having installed/uninstalled and then re-installing the server suite a number of times-it is rather frustrating(Maybe you guys could do a bit more testing with the controller.)
vatulaulau

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 04:14:07 AM »

Hey sorry about the way my posting above sounds-rude^^;(you guys are giving your time and effort and would like to thank you for that-in taking the time to reply and in developing the server suite.)Hope someone finds a solution to my problem above.Thanks.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 03:42:33 PM »

Try this new one... http://www.devside.net/download/WDController.exe

The only thing I recall doing to the last version was commenting out the dyndns GUI part. I've went back and commented out the rest that was associated with the dydns client. Let me know if it helps, or not.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
vatulaulau

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 11:32:11 PM »

Okay,I have installed the new stack controller that you have "commented out"-the problem is that on the  controller  it says that Apache and MySQL (the two modules plus PHP and phpMyAdmin which I have selected to be installed)are not installed.This is strange since they appear to be working fine-the phpMyAdmin "control panel" displays fine(Apache and MySQL appear to have installed properly as well-iot is the WAMP stack controller that gives a "not installed" display for Apache and MySQL-what could be the problem? )Thanks in advance.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 12:08:49 AM »

Have you tried File >> Requery All ? Or closing it and rebooting?

Is it still crashing?

And are you talking about the Services, or the listed "Server Modules and Extensions"?

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 12:15:47 AM »

The one thing I can think of right now that would cause that services 'not installed' problem, is if you were running the WDController.exe program from a location other than C:\www\...

Save it as a file and place it under 'www' directory of the drive the Suite is installed on. Do not download it to some random IE or firefox d/l location. Do not run it as a link from the browser.

DeveloperSide.NET
vatulaulau

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 09:43:57 AM »

It is the Apache 2.2 and MySQL services that give the "not installed" error.The controller is in the C:\\www
directory.I opened the MCL folder located in directory C:\\www\MCL  and then the "controller.txt"file contained in it-sorry I'll post the complete error message next time(I deleted by mistake from my flash-drive)-it says that the controller was not able to initialize the ".net\Framework\1.0",".net\Framework\1.1" and ".net\Framework\2.0" and it says that a "handle" could not initialize and has 6 errors.

Below is the error file:

//Opening the WDC folder in C:\\www\WDC and then opening the "controller.txt" document
//the following message appears.
OpenSCManager failed (5).

Number of system IPs detected: 1

IP 0: 127.0.0.1 (16777343), 1 [Primary]

Clipping string to fit '210' Dialog Units [if needed]...

Control Width: 315 [pixels]

String: 127.0.0.1 [local]
String Length: 17 [characters]

Retrieving handle to a display device context (DC).

Current Detected Font Face: System

Switching to "MS Sans Serif" Font Face...

[Detected] Pixels per logical inch: 96

[Input] Height of font: 10

Current Type Face name of DC: MS Sans Serif

String Width: 76 [pixels]

Releasing handle to the display device context (DC).

Opening value 'InstallRoot' under key 'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework' via Registry...

Value Name: InstallRoot

Value Type: [1] REG_SZ -- null-terminated string.

Value Size: 36 [BYTES] (with terminating NULL(s) if type is REG_SZ, REG_EXPAND_SZ, or REG_MULTI_SZ).

Value Data: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\

.NET v1.0 Runtime NOT Found.

.NET v1.1 Runtime NOT Found.

.NET v2.0 Runtime Found.
File:                 C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll
MajorVersion:         2
MinorVersion:         0
BuildNumber:          50727
RevisionNumber (QFE): 312

Opening value 'CurrentVersion' under key 'SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit' via Registry...

RegOpenKeyEx() returns: 2.

Querying System Directories and Info...

Computer name: ACER-PC
User name: Acer

Windows Directory: C:\Windows
System Directory: C:\Windows\system32

Hosts File Directory: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc

Process Path: C:\www\WDController.exe
'www' Root Path: C:\www

Webroot Path: C:\www\webroot

Apache Root Path: C:\www\Apache22
Apache Logs Path: C:\www\Apache22\logs
Apache Conf Path: C:\www\Apache22\conf
Apache Conf Extra Path: C:\www\Apache22\conf\extra
Apache Conf Suite Path: C:\www\Apache22\conf\Suite-extra

MySQL INI Path: C:\Windows
PHP INI Path: C:\Windows

Environment Variables...

%PATH% -- C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\www\openssl\bin;C:\www\Apache22\bin;C:\www\php5;C:\www\mysql5\bin;C:\www\perl\bin

%JAVA_HOME% -- %JAVA_HOME%

%CATALINA_HOME% -- %CATALINA_HOME%

Mapping Process IDs to IP:PORTs...
CloseServiceHandle(hSCManager) failed (6).

« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 02:06:26 AM by vatulaulau » Logged
vatulaulau

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 02:08:47 AM »

I really hope that the information above is of some help-would really like to install the server suite and begin using it.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 01:20:59 PM »

I should have picked up that you are running Vista... This is a permissions problem with an easy fix... Right-click the WDController and select "Run as Administrator"...

DeveloperSide.NET
vatulaulau

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 11:31:55 PM »

Thanks a million man-that was the problem.
wongcr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 04:11:51 AM »

I too have been having a similar problem with wdcontroller.exe. I get a ""WAMP Stack Controller has encountered a problem and needs to close" running under XP SP1.
The error signature says AppName: wdcontroller.exe AppVer: 0.9.9.9 Modname: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 20623231
Technical information about the error is:
Exception information: Code: 0xc0000005 Address: 0x0000000020620631
System information: Windows NT 5.1 Build: 2600

This is the last lines in controller.log
Performing Initial ServiceQueryConfig (W3svc)...

Configuration of Service:
        Service Type: 0x00000020
        Start Type: 0x00000003
        Error Control: 0x00000001
        Binary Path Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
        Dependencies: IISADMIN
        Service Start Name: LocalSystem
        Display Name: World Wide Web Publishing

Performing Initial ServiceQueryDescription (W3svc)...
        Description: Provides Web connectivity and administration through the Internet Information Services snap-in

Any ideas?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: