DeveloperSide.NET Forums
November 22, 2019, 12:02:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Websites for idiots  (Read 9558 times)
sjwessels

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2007, 07:08:48 AM »

Please help me. I want to create my own website. I've downloaded the Web-Developer-controller-thingy from this website and installed it. What can I do now??
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 01:31:36 PM »

Have you checked the manual? Or ran the WDController.exe prog?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 01:34:09 PM by admin » Logged

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
sjwessels

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 04:18:18 PM »

No I actually haven't. I didn't actually check if there was one. I think I ran the application but it doesn't mean anything to me... I think what I actually want to know is where to start. I haven't done anything yet. Shouldn't I create the website in word or something first?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 06:22:47 PM »

No. You create it in html. Check some of the menu options on the WDController.exe and the manual links. For the very basics, I would just search google on "creating website" or something along those lines.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
sjwessels

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 06:39:09 PM »

thanks. i'll try that and get back to you. ps. how long does it take to create and finally view the website?
Wilz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 05:17:26 AM »

Get yourself some ebooks for dummies those are good, fast learning books to learn from. Something like, HTML for dummies or PHP for dummies. Hey you never know you could end up with a website for dummies instead of Websites for idiots. LOL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: