DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 13, 2020, 06:12:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: phpMyadmin  (Read 18224 times)
witakr

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2007, 11:38:57 PM »

After a fresh full install, whats the log in details for phpMyadmin.. and for anything else i might need to know about for that matter...lol

thanks
j
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 01:16:09 AM »

root, rootwdp.

Check the local or online manual. localhost/webdeveloper.php

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
MathieuSanders

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 08:00:28 PM »

I feel like a tard - but here goes:
I installed the devside package.  I can't remember (this is the 'tard part) if I changed the phpmyadmin password.  After fumbling with it for a while, I uninstalled the whole package and reinstalled. 
I'm trying to get into phpmyadmin, I'm using the default root and rootwdp to no avail.  Does anyone know where this is stored so I may change it? 
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 08:32:08 PM »

A fresh install will have the same user/password combo, root/rootwdp
Try logging in from the cmd.exe first... mysql -uroot -prootwpd ...to see if there is a problem.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
MathieuSanders

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 08:39:31 PM »

Thanks for the fast reply!
I went to the command prompt, then to the mysql5 directory and ran your command.  I came back with the following error:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

A little more info:
I'm running on XP Pro Tablet SP2
I installed the package labaled "wdsetup-v1.95.exe"

When I look in the error.log I see the following message:
"[Wed Jun 13 16:32:39 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  js_frame in C:\\www\\phpmyadmin\\css\\phpmyadmin.css.php on line 788, referer: http://localhost/phpmyadmin/"

I started to look at the other threads about editing the phpmyadmin config file, but those seem to be for earlier version of this package.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 09:09:35 PM »

Is this a clean install of the Suite? Did you uninstall the previous version? Are you accessing from the same system that the suite is installed on?

DeveloperSide.NET
MathieuSanders

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 11:06:38 PM »

This is a clean reinstall of the suite. 
After I encounted this problem on the first install I assumed that I forgot the password.
I uninstalled by going to add / remove programs.  After the uninstall I rebooted.
I then reinstalled the suite.  I installed all the Apache, MySQL and PHP modules.  I only installed the Drupal module as that I what I am trying to develop.  (Not joomla, wiki, phpbb, etc)
I am running on the same system.  When I access it I point my browser (IE 6.0) to http://localhost/phpmyadmin
Here is something odd.  I have portablefirefox installed (www.potableapps.com).  It is running Firefox 2.10.0.2.  I just pointed Firefox to http://localhost/phpmyadmin. It asked for the username and password.  I entered root and rootwdp.  It came up just fine.
I then tried again with IE 6 and got the same access denied error.  I just looked at the IE settings and they are all set to default.  I added localhost to the trusted sites group and still the same thing. 
This is very odd.  So I guess it's working.  ???
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 12:45:38 AM »

Are both cookies and JavaScript turned on under IE?

DeveloperSide.NET
MathieuSanders

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 10:15:56 PM »

I really tested this out to make sure.  Yes, both cookies and javascript are active.  I just found another site that I can't open, and I know I was able to open it the other day.  There must be something goofy with my registry, I reset IE back to all defaults, and I'm still having the same issue.

At this point, I have to say it is probably me, and not the suite. 

Sorry for the trouble, and thank you for your help.
funguse

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 12:20:34 PM »

Sorry to bring this back up but I am having the exact same problem, I have not tried running localhost/phpmyadmin on a different browser.

I installed Web Developer Server Suite fresh on my pc and phpmyadmin worked fine. I also played about with it a bit, adding a new database(importing one I had already on a web server)

I logged in using the default username and password (root, rootwdp)

However when I logged tried to log on this morning it failed and gave me the error mentioned further up on the page.
(ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

And just as MathieuSanders did I thought I ‘forgot’ the password. So I removed the suite using the uninstall, restarted, and installed it fresh over the existing one. Still no luck and got the same error.

I found a website where it mentioned how to change the mysql password.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/resetting-permissions.html

SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('rootpw');

Run the file from cmd prompt

C:\www\mysql5\bin\mysqld-nt --init-file=C:\mysql-init.txt

This worked temporarily till the next restart of my pc.

Another thing I have noticed since I re installed the server suite is that mysql does NOT start automatically as it should (in web-developer control it says stopped)
EDIT: when I set the mysql server to start up and then click on requery all under file, the mysql server goes to stopped. this also happens in services when i run the mysql server from there it just stopps

I've sorted this now, i had another mysql server running (which funnily enough i never installed).

I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Mark
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 02:51:10 PM by funguse » Logged
funguse

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 03:05:55 PM »

i think this has sorted it now for my main problem.
there was another mysql server running (which i didnt install)
path to executable:
"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqld-nt" --defaults-file="C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\my.ini" MySQL4

all i had to do was set this to manual and leave the one belonging to
"C:\www\mysql5\bin\mysqld-nt MySQL"

i hope this will help some other people that are experiencing the same problem.

I really dont know how i ended up with the problem in the first place.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 03:08:17 PM by funguse » Logged
charmglow

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 03:52:19 AM »

I have the same issue, i get Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2>>>>>Wrong username/password. Access denied.

I did teh reset as above mentioned but nothing: 

I am running xp and everything else is working perfect, I can connect from outsite and everything.

I have 3 partitions C D E, I have installed in e drive, could this be my issue ?  How can i update what ever files I need to get phpmyadmin to work so I can login ?

Please help
charmglow

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 07:34:44 AM »

Used zpanel and now I get in.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: