DeveloperSide.NET Forums
November 18, 2018, 05:22:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New Installer  (Read 41710 times)
natcolley
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2007, 01:37:17 AM »

I have downloaded the new installer and it seems to have worked fine, but http://localhost/webdeveloper doesn't bring anything up although www/wdc/wd-guide/index.html is there. I did a search and the notes about related issues all seem to predate the new version. So, I'm really not sure where to begin. The error is "The Apache 2.2 service terminated with service specific error 1 (0x1)". The Event ID is 7024.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 02:18:20 AM »

The webdeveloper URL works on my local install... Is everything else working?

Run 'httpd -t' to see if there are any syntax errors with the config.

And post the contents of \www\Apache22\logs\error.log
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:49:46 PM by admin » Logged

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
natcolley
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 02:44:38 AM »

1. running anything from the command line makes it go by in a flash that is impossible to read. How do I slow it down or stop it?
2. I don't have an error file in the logs. I have modsec_audit.log and modsec_debug.
3. I found the readme and I need to stop iis. I hope that doesn't mean I have to uninstall and start over. I'm going to bed now. I'll try stopping iis and rebooting and look for your reply.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 03:12:39 AM »

1. Run 'cmd.exe' first, then use that to run the commands.

2. If there is no error.log file, than something is wrong or Apache was never installed/started.

3. If you have IIS installed and running, Apache would not have been able to start. You do not need to reinstall. Just stop/remove IIS and try starting Apache.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
natcolley
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 12:39:50 PM »

1. learning cmd.exe is worth the price of admission all by itself. thank you!
2. syntax ok
3. localhost/webdeveloper works fine.
4. Now all I have to do is work those tweaks I was researching before I downloaded about getting apache and iis to play nice. I know what i'll doing this weekend!

thanx agn
natcolley
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 01:36:43 AM »

Hi there. I'm back.

So I have put in a new internal ip for WAMP, and told both WAMP and IIS to listen to their respective IP's. Both services are running now, as are sql and mysql. I did the -S and corrected the errors it reported. Both of my wamp domains show the apache 403 forbidden page from outside my network. I'm guessing that means I haven't loaded/configured the modules, or they can't find the new IP, but I looked at the components.conf file and I don't know what I'm supposed to do differently. Besides, localhost/webdeveloper and wordpress came up before but don't now ("page cannot be displayed").

Please advise. Thx.
natcolley
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 02:05:00 AM »

p.s. - I checked the error logs: "client denied by server configuration   www/webapps/joomla". Not sure why it says webapps when I set it to webroot. Please advise.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 03:59:27 AM »

URL http://your-ip/ is shown as forbidden from outside, or just the http://your-ip/<webapp>/ URLs?

If the latter, all webapps are bound locally for security reasons. Just edit the appropriate C:\www\Apache22\conf\Suite-extra\webapps\*.conf file and change...
Code:
order allow,deny
allow from 127.0.0.1
# allow from all

to...
Code:
order allow,deny
# allow from 127.0.0.1
allow from all

DeveloperSide.NET
natcolley
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 08:15:04 PM »

I can't help but feeling like all of this is either painfully obvious or all written down in a file I haven't found. I think the IP problem is fixed, it was something I did wrong in the httpcfg. But I am still not getting into any of the web developer stuff from localhost or outside my network. I changed the comment on wordpress as you suggested. Now I have these issues:

1. The setup page to my modem flashes on the screen for half a second and then I get the 404 page: 

2. Is there a file that lays out step by step what I am supposed to do to get these apps online? Where is it?

3. Do I have to restart every time I make a change to a conf file see it?

I'd really like to get this done today because I'm usually too zapped with work during the week to spend much time on it. Thx.

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 10:01:57 PM »

You should have been able to access http://localhost/wordpress from the start. Everything has been pre-configured. If that's not working I suggest you put aside anything to do with accessing from the outside for the time being.

You have to restart Apache after a conf change.

Most of the basic info is in the online Guide, which also comes under http://localhost/webdeveloper/

DeveloperSide.NET
natcolley
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 10:31:20 PM »

I'm really not that fluent in technology. I was hoping for a step by step, do this, then do that, sort of guide that would tell me how to get my apps up and running since they aren't installed by default. For example, I would not have known that I needed to move the # sign as you instructed in an earlier message in this thread.

The guide and the notes simply do not give me this level of detail as to what I am supposed to be doing here.

You say I should set aside accessing from the outside "for the time being". And how long is that? And what am I supposed to be doing in the mean time? Let my server just sit there? The whole point was to get these sites up and running. I need more direction.

The install did work, and I could access wordpress from localhost, but now I can't. I think this started when I altered httpcfg to make apache and iis work together. I tried just blocking iis from the ip and port set aside for apache, but apache still wouldn't start. then I went back and told iis to listen only to it's ip, and both apache and iis started automatically and seem to run fine. But since I could not access webdeveloper, (this is when I was getting the forbidden 403 error) I went back in and re-set the apache ip in httpcfg. After that, I got 404 errors and the modem setup page instead of my domains from outside and page cannot be displayed from inside.

The only thing I can think of now is to go back to httpcfg and start from scratch. I would greatly appreciate some specific feedback on this issue, as well as that step by step, here's how to turn on your apps guidance. And if I need to uninstall and reinstall, I can do that too, I just need some specific guidance from you.

Thank you.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 10:45:15 PM »

You say I should set aside accessing from the outside "for the time being". And how long is that? And what am I supposed to be doing in the mean time? Let my server just sit there? The whole point was to get these sites up and running. I need more direction.

Until it's working from localhost, there is no point in trying to get it to work from the outside. One follows the other.

In any case, with the default setup, to install a webapp, and allow access from outside...
1) Hit the specified URL, do the setup where you enter something like name of blog, email, etc... Everything else has been pre-configured.
2) Uncomment 'access from all', as we talked about earlier.

Nothing else is needed.

It seems your problem is with the IIS/Apache combination. I suggest you stop IIS, and start with Apache by itself. Once everything is working, you can add IIS into the mix if you really need it.

Unless you have made other config changes, all the webapp URLs will work. Go back to 'Listen 80' for Apache.

If you are behind a router/modem, you might also need to 'port forward' port 80 to the local LAN IP [to access from outside].

DeveloperSide.NET
natcolley
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 05:39:40 PM »

Ok, I disabled IIS and put the apache conf back to 'listen 80'. I'm at work now so I didn't have a chance to test localhost but I can tell you that all of my domains from outside come to the same page, which is "index of /" and it lists files like webdeveloper.php and phpinfo.

Clicking on webdeveloper.php from this page in firefox brings up 'can't establish a connection to the server at localhost'. Should it be making reference to localhost when contacted from outside?

Clicking on phpinfo brings up that whole page. Should this be happening from outside?

It seems to me this is a path problem. Under "apache environment" it says the path is

C:\Program Files\Support Tools\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\www\openssl\bin;C:\www\Apache22\bin;C:\www\php5;C:\www\mysql5\bin;C:\www\perl\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Networking\

I hope this helps you help me. Thx.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 08:16:38 PM »

Clicking on webdeveloper.php from this page in firefox brings up 'can't establish a connection to the server at localhost'. Should it be making reference to localhost when contacted from outside?

Clicking on phpinfo brings up that whole page. Should this be happening from outside?

Sounds like everything is working as it should....

webdeveloper.php redirects to 'localhost'...  And the system you are accessing from, will always think 'localhost' is itself... So no connection will be established unless its done from the local system that Web-Developer Server Suite is running from.

If phpinfo.php is displaying the php info, and you are seeing it from the outside, then php is working, and your router/modem is port forwarding port 80. If you do not want others to see it, delete the phpinfo.php file.

So everything is good.

DeveloperSide.NET
natcolley
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 07:20:14 PM »

Yea, I think I'm good. Thx.Two things:

When Apache is set to listen 80, what exactly is it listening to? The wan? I would think not. The gateway? Maybe. The IP assigned to that machine? Seems reasonable. I may have screwed up by using the ip from the firewall's internal rather than external network.

Why aren't you offering SMF as part of your installer package, especially since this forum is SMF? Does it work with SMF?

Thx for all the good work.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: