DeveloperSide.NET Forums
December 06, 2019, 03:00:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWBIE!!!!!!  (Read 7705 times)
StarUK

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2007, 03:19:12 AM »

OK I have got DevNet working on my computer and managed to get most options working only 1 to go I cannot get WordPress to work says I do not have access to the database.

How do I download my database from my site in import it into the correct directory so that I may modify it and test it before I go live?

Databases are not my cup of tea in fact they scare the bottom out of my world. (trying to keep it clean..............leaves the rest up to your imagination).

I have my database on my site and can access it there but I have been informed that to preserve server time and speed up the process it would be better if I worked on it on my computer under phpMyadmin. No problem can anyone shed any light onto this as to how I do it?

Also where do I park my site does it belong in the directory C:\www\webroot and do I then put in into the drupal directory, When I have put it where ever it should be do I upload the files when ready back to my public_html directory keeping all the files and structures in tact?

Last question well for now how do I get Adobe CS3 Dreamweaver to use my local server to test out my site before I upload it?

Sorry for so many questions hope I am not asking too much

Thank you in advance

If at first you don't succeed give up was it worth it!!!
StarUK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 04:44:42 AM »

OK I have got into wordpress by setting up a new account now I want to download my current wordpress site onto my local computer to be able to edit it along with the database? Can any one help with this please?

Thank you in advance

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 03:41:02 PM »

Where is your current wp site hosted? Is it a linux or Windows host? What kind of access do you have?

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
StarUK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 08:56:51 PM »

Let me give you all that I can so that we are all on the same page.

My site is hosted by ANHosting
php5
MySql 5
Linux op system.

I access the site via the Cpanel and can create edit and delete directories and files. I am the registered admin person for the site. Do not think I have access to the server shell which is just as well as I do tend to mess things up. I have downloaded the site and got Dreamweaver CS3 to remote connect but still need my database

What I wish to do 1st is get everything as I like it on my localhost network then up load it to go live.
I at present have a wordpress blog live but wish to edit it and incoperate it into my web site with chat and a bulleting board.

I do not know how to download my wordpress database onto my local computer. Can you help me that way I will not be upsetting what I already have.
I have created all my new graphics and wish to have my wordpress in the same style as my web site.

Hope this explains it all

It short need to get wordpress and it's database downloaded to my computer so I can get everything ship shape to upload and go live

Still ponering if I should use durpal or not so would like to play on my computer 1st

Cheers
Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 09:05:03 PM by StarUK » Logged

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 09:40:09 PM »

Have you tried the 'manage >> export' function under wp-admin?

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: