DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 24, 2014, 12:29:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Web-Developer Server Suite v2.00 Released on SourceForge.NET!!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: "Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /webapp on this server."  (Read 34702 times)
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 18, 2007, 04:45:13 AM »

Initially, for security reasons, all webapps [wordpress, drupal, mediawiki, joomla, phpbb2] are bound to "localhost" [your local system]. No access will be granted to anyone coming from outside the local system. This is necessary as the mentioned webapps are in a pre-installed state.

If you would like to open access to the webapps from outside your local system, just edit the appropriate webapp configuration file located under...

\www\Apache22\conf\Suite-extra\webapps\

Locate...
   allow from 127.0.0.1
#   allow from all

Change to...
#   allow from 127.0.0.1
   allow from all

Save file. Restart Apache.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 04:51:18 AM by admin » Logged

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
funkymunky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 12:33:22 PM »

hi,

that has worked great for me for all webapps apart from drupal.

Also, phpmyadmin and perl still dont seem to be working - same problem - permission denied.

Can I change the permissions for them?

thanks
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 03:22:12 PM »

I'm not sure why drupal would not work for you [double check that config file to make sure the changes are correct], but \www\Apache22\logs\error.log might have more information.

As far as your other problem, chances are it's a result of your system, or Apache, thinking it's IP is '0.0.0.0'...
http://forums.devside.net/index.php?topic=1499.0

Under dir \www\Apache22\conf\Suite-extra you will find phpmyadmin.conf, mod_perl.conf, etc...
Change line 'Allow from 127.0.0.1' to 'Allow from All'
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 03:25:23 PM by admin » Logged

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 03:40:16 PM »

Scratch that for the second part, this is a bug under Apache 2.2.4/Windows 2000.
http://forums.devside.net/index.php?topic=1502.0

DeveloperSide.NET
funkymunky

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 08:44:39 PM »

thanks.

i cant find phpmyadmin.conf and mod_perl.conf in the Suite-extra folder. Could they be somewhere else? or have i got a bad version of the software?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 08:54:52 PM »

They are under /www/Apache22/conf/Suite-extra/ unless you selected not to install phpmyadmin and perl.

DeveloperSide.NET
theStorminMormon

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 01:50:30 AM »

If you would like to open access to the webapps from outside your local system, just edit the appropriate webapp configuration file located under...

That works just fine, but what if I want to use .htaccess to restrict access to the webapp?  I've tried placing the .htaccess code

AuthUserFile c:/www/private/.htpasswd
   AuthName "EnterPassword"
   AuthType Basic

require valid-user

straight in the .conf file, but that doesn't seem to work.  I just get a 403 error.  I tried commenting out the "AllowOverride None" line and creating a .htaccess file in the /www/webapps/mediawiki folder, but I get the same result.

Any help?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 02:47:50 AM »

Take a look into private.conf...
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all

AuthType Basic
      AuthName "Private Access"
      AuthUserFile "/www/private/.htpasswd"
      require valid-user

You still need the 'order allow,deny' and 'allow from all' lines in that code -- all included into the "directory" block of whatever webapp.conf file you are editing.

And if you want to place that code into an .htaccess file, you need to change the 'AllowOverride None' line to 'AllowOverride All'... Commenting it out will have little effect, as the global scope set under httpd.conf is 'AllowOverride None'. Again, even if in an .htaccess file, make sure that the code is enclosed by a "directory" block.

DeveloperSide.NET
theStorminMormon

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 11:05:45 PM »

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that your fix worked just fine.  I'm a n00b and I thought I had to comment out the "Allow from All" line or it would override my password and make the directory open.  I realize now that that prevents the server from even responding at all, so I got a 403 error instead of a prompt for username/password.

Thanks for your help.

The only other problem is that the encryption tools I use on the net don't seem to work to encrypt my password.  I can login using the devside defaults, but my own username/password don't work.  Do you know where I need to go to get a password properly encrypted for the .htpasswd file?  (I've tried to sites that claim to work, got 2 different results, and neither works.)
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 11:15:30 PM »

Apache comes with 'htpasswd.exe', it's all you need...
http://www.devside.net/articles/windows/password

DeveloperSide.NET
theStorminMormon

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 11:27:43 PM »

Worked perfectly.  Thanks for helping the n00b again.  You guys rock.
cJoe

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 03:23:49 AM »

UPDATE: Webapp configuration file are located at \www\Apache22\conf\extra\vhosts\localhost
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: