DeveloperSide.NET Forums
December 13, 2019, 12:11:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error setting up Mysql... please help  (Read 13531 times)
xxsnipemasterxx

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2007, 06:11:27 AM »

Ok, I was in the setup of my sql, when it brought me to the enter p/w to finish the set up, when i enetered the passwords I wanted, an error came up, it kept on coming up. It is Error 1045: Denied for root@localhost <Using Password:NO>

Please someone help me, im sure there is a way around this. Please help!  Message me or post here. Plz
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 10:53:33 AM »

Sounds like you where doing something that required the MySQL user root... User root has password under our Suite of 'rootwdp', which you need to specify.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
xxsnipemasterxx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 05:49:19 PM »

oOo, ok, well how would i go about doing this?  Can u please help me?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:07:10 PM »

From the command line?

mysql -uroot -prootwdp ......

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
xxsnipemasterxx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 08:16:16 PM »

I am not quite sure I understand what you mean. Like can you tell me step by step how to get to the command line and what to type in? plz, i really would like to get Mysql installed =[
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 10:37:09 PM »

Maybe you can clarify what it is you are doing? Trying to use mysql from our Suite? Installing mysql standalone?

DeveloperSide.NET
xxsnipemasterxx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 10:41:54 PM »

i installed Mysql to use it to make my own private server, i downloaded Mysql from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/

How will i be able to apply security settings without this error?  what can i do?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 10:54:43 PM »

First, make sure that you are only running one MySQL Server/Service. Run 'services.msc' and find service named MySQL. Is the status "running"? Double click it. Is the path to the binary pointing to the directory you installed mysql in?

DeveloperSide.NET
xxsnipemasterxx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 11:03:04 PM »

I found it under services, where it says Path to executable, i double clicked it and  it says:

"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqld-nt" --defaults-file="C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\my.ini" MySQL

and under status, it says started

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 11:54:33 PM »

Open the command prompt.. Run 'cmd.exe' and type 'mysqladmin status'

DeveloperSide.NET
xxsnipemasterxx

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 12:15:11 AM »

says it is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: