DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 13, 2020, 05:03:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I got a server going, but I can't log into it!  (Read 7385 times)
ajm113

View Profile Email
« on: July 12, 2007, 05:49:18 PM »

Ok, I entered in my I.P on Defualt Gatway and I get a enter password and username dialog poping up! Is this the right Ip I should use if I wanted to go on my PC from another? Where can I get the pass code and username so I may log in?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 06:07:36 PM »

The reason you are getting a user/pass box is you are trying to log into your router or modem.. Not the server.

You need to port forward port 80 under your router for that request to pass from the router to the local LAN IP.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
ajm113

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 06:12:57 PM »

I have a modem is their a way to get to the server on another PC with that or is a router needed? I forgot about that...
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:47:50 PM »

A router isn't needed. You just need to port forward port 80 under the modem, if it allows has that ability. If not, you need to bind Apache to a different port, such as 8080, and access the system as http://IP:PORT

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
ajm113

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 07:05:24 PM »

I do this in the console in apache correct? Becuase for some reason I can't find the Apache.exe! I am using Windows Vista...
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 07:53:01 PM »

You edit \www\Apache22\conf\httpd.conf, find line 'Listen 80', change to 'Listen 8080', save file, restart Apache.

DeveloperSide.NET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: