DeveloperSide.NET Forums
December 11, 2019, 10:58:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is dynamic side net? (vs developer side net)  (Read 18161 times)
donz

View Profile Email
« on: August 08, 2007, 09:32:07 PM »

I find is no description of dynamic side net versus developer side net.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 09:55:16 PM »

dynside.net is a dynamic dns service that will point a domain name to your IP address.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
zachera

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 05:58:18 AM »

Don't you need to pay to transfer the domain to dynside.net in order for the dynamic DNS to be set? :$

~Z
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 05:57:44 PM »

To answer you question: No. You would just go into the admin area of whatever registrar [who you registered the domain name with] you use, and point the name servers to ns1.dynside.net and ns2. Then you could use the free account to resolve your domain to an IP with dynside.net.

Take note though that dynside.net has been disabled for some time now. There are too many dynamic dns [free] providers out there for me to maintain this project. Maybe when I have some free time I'll open it back up.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: