DeveloperSide.NET Forums
October 26, 2014, 12:22:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Web-Developer Server Suite v2.00 Released on SourceForge.NET!!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to start MySQL after installation  (Read 7551 times)
R_Squared

View Profile Email
« on: August 27, 2007, 01:11:29 PM »

I have installed Web-Developer Server Suite v1.95 with no difficulty but MySQL does not start. This is because the "path to executable" in the MMS console is C:\www\mysql\mysql-nt.exe but the file is actually C:\www\mysql5\mysql-nt.exe. The MMS console does not allow the path to be edited and Windows Explorer won't let me rename mysql to mysql5 so no what do I do?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:20:25 PM »

The installer installs and starts the mysql service automatically. You can control it via the command line, or 'services.msc', or via the provided app WDController.exe

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 01:36:42 PM »

If you also have another MySQL Service installed prior to the Suite installation, it would have not been able to install another service named 'mysql'.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
R_Squared

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 02:22:35 PM »

service.msc offers no change facility so I uninstalled the Web-Developer Server Suite and then checked with service.msc that MySQL had been removed from its list. I then re-installed the Web-Developer Server Suite and now everything is OK. I presume that one of the other MySQL products that I had previously installed and uninstalled did not uninstal cleanly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: