DeveloperSide.NET Forums
November 19, 2019, 11:14:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrade Individual Components  (Read 6838 times)
natcolley
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2007, 03:41:31 AM »

I ran a search for this because I was sure it must have come up before, but the closest thing I could find was a couple of years old referring to php and apache. If I want to upgrade to the newest version of mediawiki or wordpress, how do I do that without screwing up my webapps? Is it as simple as downloading the upgrade from the author's site and installing it over the current webapps version?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 11:53:22 AM »

You can upgrade php and mysql just by downloading the new versions, stopping Apache/MySQL, renaming \www\php5 and \www\mysql5 to something else, and putting the new versions in place.

Apache would not be so simple.

With the webapps, the procedure is whatever that particular webapp's website mentions on the upgrade route. Usually it involves saving a few files, getting the new version to copy over the older, and running some upgrade script that updates the db.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: