DeveloperSide.NET Forums
October 16, 2018, 07:59:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding sub domain does not work.  (Read 13124 times)
portland

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »

I have added a third sub domain and it won't work: server not found whenever I go look for it.  I have created subdomains before, and it worked fine.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 04:07:30 PM »

Our Forums got hacked the other week, and today our blog. I have disabled certain PHP functions, one of which is 'shell_exec' that our update DNS system uses. No DNS updates will take place as they currently rely on this function. The system will have to be redone.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
portland

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 07:53:16 AM »

Your systems got hacked?!  I downloaded a WAMP suite from you.  How did they get it?  What security measures didn't you take?  And at how much risk is my setup now?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 11:02:30 AM »

No, the forums and the blog were hacked due to some exploits in the code. That's it. SourceForge was not hacked, nor the files hosted there.

Keep the webapps up-to-date and disable some PHP functions like 'shell_exec', and others that I mentioned in my blog post to prevent these types of attacks.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 11:52:53 AM by admin » Logged

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
portland

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 09:10:47 AM »

I need to pay more attention to your blog.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: