DeveloperSide.NET Forums
January 19, 2020, 09:23:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Complete Build error  (Read 13917 times)
Steven
« on: August 11, 2003, 09:52:15 AM »

Fresh install of win2k server, updated, and complete package install:
Everything went fine til I tried to install apache as a service.
Error:cannot find msvcr70.dll

Need to install Visual Studio runtimes?  If so, where can I get them?

Might want to include it in the next build...

thanks
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 03:37:33 PM »

Requires MSVCR70.dll : the Microsoft C Runtime Library, included on most systems

http://www.dll-files.com/
Steven
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 10:49:02 AM »

:lol: I have looked on my win2k Server and it is not there. So I installed the .Net package, which installed msvcr71.dll. Needless to say it did not work. So I looked through my XP maching and found msvcr70.dll under one of the Microsoft Office folders. Copied it to system32 on the win2k server and all ok.
I don't know what system you have, but it wasn't on any of mine, so i disagree with what you said about being included...
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 04:25:48 PM »

100s download one of the two packages every week; only 2 or 3 people e-mail me about not having this file.

MSVCRT.dll is included on most, if not all, win2k systems.

MSVCR70.dll is just an upgraded version.

If I am not mistaken, the VS.NET EULA appears to attempt to prevent the distribution of files such as the MSVCR70.DLL along with GPLed software, hence my unwillingness to provide this file with the distribution.

I will try to compile it in, as long as the VS.NET linker does its job of removing unused portions of the run-time.

If not, I'll post a link to the file, and/or a link to the MS .NET runtime distribution, and upgrade it to MSVCR71.dll.

Thanks for your comments.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 04:35:58 PM »

You only need to copy the file to the Apache2\bin directory.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 11:04:47 PM »

I have tried a few things, and it looks like statically(no dll) linking MSVCR70 is not an option.  It is possible, and I have done it, but the Apache executable grows from 13KB to 53KB. Then all the dlls and modules follow.

One option that would be great is if I could use the old MSVCRT.dll with VS.NET.  I do not know if that is viable or wise.

So, it looks like I'll upgrade my SDK to 1.1, use MSVCR71.dll, and point a link to the MS .NET v1.1 runtime, which everyone will need anyways at some point in the future.

Apache.org apache.exe is 20KB, almost 50% bigger than ours, and it links to MSVCRT.DLL.  That means very little, but I noticed an improvement in size and performance using VS.NET over VC++ 6.0.

When I have some time, I will test my build against the official apache win32 release.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 02:39:49 AM »

It looks like VS.NET 2002 will only link against msvcr70.dll.  Even if you add .NET framework SDK 1.1.

To get to msvcr71.dll, you will need VS.NET 2003.

The same appears to be true for msvcrt.dll, which is only available for linking with VC++ 6.0.

It looks like I'll be upgrading to VS.NET 2003.

DeveloperSide.NET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: