DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 13, 2020, 04:34:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why can't I access my websites  (Read 10194 times)
Wilz

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2008, 03:49:02 AM »

How can I access my websites from my other computer on my network. As of now I cannot access the websites on my server computer by typing the url of one of my websites. How ever if I type in the computer name of my server computer the first website in my vhost file keeps comming up. What I'm trying to do is type in the url name of one of my websites from the other computer on my network. But nothing comes up...... I hope you's can understand what I'm saying.
night2dark2

Yeah Dont really ask.

mfaiotto@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 03:46:43 PM »

hmm did you configure your firewall to allow port 80? or what ever port you used? and on the router to foward all port 80 requests to that pc?

Revolution Gamers Host.
Master of all Gunz Server Hosting Needs.
Revolution Gamers International Gaming Commmunity
night2dark2

Yeah Dont really ask.

mfaiotto@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 03:47:59 PM »

Oh yeah did you also register the domains you used? eg if you used Wilz.localhost you would need to register that into your hosts file. Because that domain will never exist.

Revolution Gamers Host.
Master of all Gunz Server Hosting Needs.
Revolution Gamers International Gaming Commmunity
Wilz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 05:27:00 AM »

Yep done the above but if I type in the url address of my website on the other computer on my network it comes up with a 404 page. I've also tryed typing localhost, blah blah and still get the same.
Wilz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 07:17:18 AM »

Also if I type the address (http://gamesgalore.servegame.org) into the internet browser on the other computer on my network, I will be directed to my router and not the website. I've done the port forward, firewall and windows host files. All I want to do is be able to access each of my websites on my server computer from my other computers on my network.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: