DeveloperSide.NET Forums
May 25, 2017, 04:11:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hiding SourceForge  (Read 17567 times)
zachera

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:30:49 PM »

I've suddenly realized that devside.net has been commented out on the links to the free version of DeveloperSide.NET when attempting to show my friends to use this product. It seems that the version that's for sale is being put completely forward and the free version is being hidden from view of the user. I'm disturbed by this, and am curious as to why these actions are being taken. I hope this project doesn't go fully into a product for-sale rather than a free-software distribution; it would sheerly make me disregard this product to my friends.

~Z
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 12:32:46 PM by zachera » Logged
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 01:24:11 PM »

The devside.net website is going through a transition and the Suite versions are being reformulated to Professional, Home, and Community [free] Editions; with perhaps a thumb-drive version or option somewhere in there.

For the time being, the Community Edition link has been removed from the main page, since...

1)The Community Edition is behind with the older version 2.00, which has a different configuration structure [requires separate documentation], and much older webapps [require user upgrades].

2)There are quite a few tasks to accomplish relating to the new site/editions, and right now I don't have the time to support Community Edition or work on it.

3)Community Edition is based on the Pro version, minus some features, and any new release now, without a solid base, would just be transitional.

Thought you can still find it at it's SourceForge location here...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/webdeveloper/

That location is also the second result on Google for 'Web.Developer Server Suite'.

It will be back up on the site when everything else is ready.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:26:45 PM by admin » Logged

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
zachera

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 08:44:48 PM »

That's a relief. So when is the next Community release? I'm not asking for a strict date or anything, just an estimate, if it's not all too much.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:07:12 PM »

It's hard to say but I'm hoping sometime within the next 2 months...

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: