DeveloperSide.NET Forums
November 14, 2019, 03:47:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on using Tomcat5 with Community Edition  (Read 5742 times)
BernieW
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2008, 03:48:02 PM »

I needed to restore my system after trying to install the Windows XP service pack 3.

I reinstalled the Web.Developer Server Suite Community Edition 2.0 and all went well.

I then installed Apache Tomcat5 and this also runs well.

However, Tomcat requests are not going through localhost instead this is how I am accessing the example JSP and Servlets examples:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/manager/html

In the Professional Edition forum there is a post on this topic ( http://forums.devside.net/index.php?topic=1710.0 ) in the post it indicates that Tomcat accesses Apache via localhost through a Proxy URL  using the configuration file  C:\www\Apache22\conf\extra\vhosts\localhost\suite-mod_proxy_ajp.conf.

Will just creating this configuration file and adding the following lines work, or is there more to it than just adding the config file?

Code:
ProxyPass /examples/ ajp://localhost:8009/examples/
ProxyPassReverse /examples/ ajp://localhost:8009/examples/

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 04:31:33 PM »

I don't recall if Community Edition loads that specific folder/path location automatically, but if you place those lines in the config and load mod_proxy_ajp you might be able to proxy those urls... If Tomcat's server.xml file is also configured to listen on the ajp port.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: