DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 14, 2020, 09:46:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Access problem in Wordpress  (Read 9539 times)
rkhire

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2009, 05:14:33 AM »

Hi I have installed wordpress. When I try and access it locally \\localhost\wordpress there isn't any issue. However when I try to access it from a work station by changing "Localhost" to the server name( ie \\servername\\wordpress), I get a permissions problem.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wordpress/ on this server

How do I fix this?
rkhire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 07:55:50 AM »

I got it. I needed to put "allow for all" in suite-wordpress.conf file.
SO I am able to access my home page. But theres a new problem now.. While accessing from another worstation when I try to click on the links of my home page, it shows //localhost/wordpress.. And it will not find it as it is hosted on another machine..

Any help will be usefull
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:49:04 PM »

You need to manually update two database fields as explained here:
http://forums.devside.net/index.php?topic=1788.0
For WordPress:
You need to look inside the 'wp-options' table, and update the values in 'site_url' and 'home'.

Wordpress hardcodes the domain it was installed on in the db (vs. using a config file; or automatically detecting the value). Update the above and it should fix the issue. Make sure to use the exact domain name and make sure that domain is real/does resolve to your IP address.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: