DeveloperSide.NET Forums
October 15, 2019, 03:39:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email script  (Read 9473 times)
DrT

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2009, 08:53:51 AM »

Hi!

I am writing a PHP script for emailing the results of a form. The script is based on a variety of scripts found on the Web.

The following section was found in one of the scripts. In this section, the script sends an email to the individual that filled the form.

$headers = "From: no_reply at ... ";
$subject = "Thank you for contacting us";
$autoreply = "Thank you for contacting us. Somebody will get back to you as soon as possible, usualy within 48 hours. If you have any more questions, please consult our website at www  … ";

$send = mail($from, $subject, $autoreply, $headers);

The $from is a variable passed from the form (i.e., the recipient’s email address). The $subject and $autoreply are self-explanatory.

I assume the $headers is my email address, which is defined above.

My question is:  What is the word “From” that is included in the definition of $headers? Does that mean to place the value “no_reply at …“ in the From line like one would do in a regular email?

Thank you.

Dr. T.

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 11:07:27 AM »

Additional Headers Section:
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

It's for containing the "from", "cc", "bcc", etc, lines/info of the email.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: