DeveloperSide.NET Forums
December 09, 2019, 12:45:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Web Developer doesn't start in Windows 7  (Read 27617 times)
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 27, 2010, 11:58:21 PM »

I tried to install version 3.01B more then 5 times. and no matter what I do. I can't ge the services to start. Please any one have any ideas on how to fix this

PHP nor does Apache start up when windows 7 starts and the start buttons don't work.

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 12:35:08 AM »

Sounds like a permissions issue.

Make sure you log-in into Windows as an administrative user.

Try starting the Apache Service from the command line/shell...
Start > Search for cmd.exe, right click it, select run as administrator

Code:
net start Apache2.2

What does the above report back?

What does Apache append to C:\www\Apache22\logs\error.log after you try to start it?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:05:44 AM by admin » Logged

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 12:19:10 AM »

Thanks. That fix that. How ever how do I access the web server. If I type localhost or the IP Address in the browsers URL. I get a access denided. any idea.

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 02:57:24 PM »

What happens when you go to http://127.0.0.1/ ?

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 05:29:45 PM »

What happens when you go to http://127.0.0.1/ ?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 05:52:10 PM »

You might have an .htaccess file somewhere in the path C:\, C:\www\, C:\www\vhosts\, ... that has lines in it to block all access.

Aside from that, are you sure it's our Apache Service that's getting the requests? Check C:\www\Apache22\logs\access.log and error.log files. The lines at the end should corespond with the requests. If not, something else is picking it up.

DeveloperSide.NET
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 10:59:38 PM »

ok, well I didn't have a choice. so I had to delete the htacess file. and now when I refresh the page.
I just get

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:
    Diagnose Connection Problems 

Please. have any idea. and the logs don't tell me whats wrong or how to fix this. I thing I'm just missing a command some where in the .conf file. I don't know. and I'm not sure. This is why I can't under stand why they just don't have this all ready setup when you install it.

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 11:46:58 PM »

The Suite should be working right out of the box. Are you using additional software? Which htaccess file are you referring to?

DeveloperSide.NET
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 12:08:39 AM »

The one in the localhost folder. I deleted it and now all it says is that it can't diplay the page. and thats what I thought and it should be ready to run right from the box.

and what additional software are you referring too.

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 12:30:09 AM »

Deleting file C:\www\vhosts\localhost\.htaccess should have little to no effect as that file restricts access, it does not grant it.

If you are talking about another .htaccess file that is under the ...\localhost\_\ folder (that came with a web application that you intalled), deleting it could cause issues for that particular app.

You should uninstall the Suite, reboot, delete the left over 'www' folder, and install once more. It sounds like you have a configuration problem somewhere. Make sure to delete the 'www' folder or the new installation will keep the old configuration files.

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 12:32:41 AM »

Going to your linked to signature, the page i'm seeing is one you would get if either the Apache service was stopped, or there was some type of a network or dns issue (I have not idea if it's related to your localhost setup)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:48:33 AM by admin » Logged

DeveloperSide.NET
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 12:50:09 AM »

I uninstalled and deleted the www folder. and now when I type in 127.0.0.1 in the IE url. I get the root folder. so that works. when I type in my IP address. It saying access denied. Like before. Any ideas..

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 03:10:02 AM »

To access via something aside form localhost, 127.0.0.1, or any domain name folder that you create under vhosts\_dynamic, you would need to alias that ip or domain name to the virtual host you are accessing.

To get the localhost virtual host responding to your IP address, you would edit C:\www\Apache22\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf and update ServerAlias line:
Code:
<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot "C:/www/vhosts/localhost/_"
ServerName localhost
ServerAlias 127.0.0.1
To:
Code:
ServerName localhost
ServerAlias 127.0.0.1 your.ip.address

Restart Apache after configuration changes.

DeveloperSide.NET
bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 03:25:31 AM »

Admin Thanks how ever I tried that all ready. I fount it in a search on the forums section. See this is how how reads (below)..

ServerName localhost
   ServerAlias 127.0.0.1 65.23.16.211

You can even try it your self. Just type in 65.23.16.211 in your browsers url and see if it does the same thing it's doing on my end. Just says access denied.

bigjoe11a

bigjoe11a
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »

I thought it would be an idea to give you the full error that I get.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g PHP/5.2.6 Server at 65.23.16.211 Port 80

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: