DeveloperSide.NET Forums
December 07, 2019, 04:48:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cookieless domain  (Read 14240 times)
TazDevilLooney
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2010, 12:56:07 PM »

Hi there, hope you could help me out,

Im trying to get two cookieless domains for my images but can't get rid of the cookies, LOL

My setup, Dynamic section... (A) sub-domains setup

|-----------http://image1.mysite.com
                          |
http://mysite.com +
                          |
                          |-----------http://image2.mysite.com

I have placed the images equialy in the 2 sub-domains (well sort of)

The 2 sub-domains are active, internaly or externaly, and webpages load with the new configuation.

However using google page speed, internaly i have no cookies, externaly i have cookies.

This is driving me bonkers. I don't know which is lying to me. I have cleared the cache in the browsers, but no diffrence in the results.

Page Speed internal results.....

Page Speed External Results....

I will send you a PM with the more personal information. Your probably be able to spot this in seconds, i've been scraching my head for 3 days.

Hope you could help us out here in my hour of need...   Thanks for your time.    Taz

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:14:18 PM by TazDevilLooney » Logged
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »

If you are using IE8, open your home page, go to Tools, Developer Tools, Cache, View Cookie Information.

The cookies I'm seeing have names that search back to the Google Analytics script.

The webapps and scripts on your other pages (like the forums) will set their own cookies also.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:37:34 PM by admin » Logged

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
TazDevilLooney
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 01:52:26 PM »

Thankyou for the quick reply,

I'm using firefox for this, I'm just after the two sub-domains to be cookieless for images, so what results did you get? LOL
TazDevilLooney
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 02:31:58 PM »

Hi there,

I dont think i explained my self very well, I was only after the homepage, not the rest of the forum.
Once i have the landing page working correctly i could then extend this to the forum.

I know the forum need configuring for this, but did not want to disrupt it if this was not going to work.

So its the landing page im intrested in not the rest of the site.

Sorry for the confusion....    Taz
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »

Your home page has the Google Analytics script. This script sets cookies. There is no way around this. If you remove the inclusion of this tracking script, and clear your browser's cookies, you should not see any more cookies being set on that particular page.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
TazDevilLooney
Customer, Basic Support

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 02:56:54 PM »

Thankyou very much, thats all the information in needed.

I was just a bit confused by this, but i can see know whats going on. Internaly the site does not contact google (hence the no cookies), but externaly google contact is made and cookies are used.

Brill, Thankyou for your help.     Love the product and service by the way, awsome.

Taz  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: