DeveloperSide.NET Forums
December 13, 2019, 12:09:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Switching PHP versions via the Components Tab to change PHP Builds  (Read 20877 times)
majika

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2011, 10:59:34 PM »

Hi,

As the subject states 'Help Switching PHP versions via the Components Tab to change PHP Builds'

I do actually know how to physically change the tick box but for some reason its greyed out / un click-able...

I was testing my Apps when I  changed the Default PHP install (Via the WampDeveloper.exe GUI > Components tab > PHP . Tick box to change the PHP version )
I was wondering how the heck I can change it back?

At the Moment, the check box is greyed out in the components Tab and I am unable to select a higher build of PHP than what I initially down graded to for my testing purposes.

I am confused as to how the Webdeveloper.exe manages to distinguish which version of each part of the Apache Stack is currently running.  I keep ending back up at the junction file for php but I cant seem to find how the WebDeveloper.exe App is using the PHP that it is currently stuck on (php-5.2.14.0-r2-win32-vc6-beta)

Please help as I don't with to have to reinstall if I don't have to.

Also, if I may be so bold and state that there is lack of documentation for the current release of WampDeveloper 4.0.2.7 (PublicBeta)

P.S. It does a kick ass job though :)

Tnx
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 11:06:05 PM »

What specific version are you trying to switch to?

WampDeveloper will only allow switching to a version that exists on the system, and only within the subscribed branches... If the subscription is for 5.2, you will not be able to switch to 5.3 without switching the subscription info.

Try closing WampDeveloper.exe and see if that helps.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:10:25 PM »

I am confused as to how the Webdeveloper.exe manages to distinguish which version of each part of the Apache Stack is currently running.  I keep ending back up at the junction file for php but I cant seem to find how the WebDeveloper.exe App is using the PHP that it is currently stuck on (php-5.2.14.0-r2-win32-vc6-beta)

WD sets up an NTFS Junction Point from \WampDeveloper\Components\Php to the specific version in the \WampDeveloper\Versions\Php folder. It can also detect the junction point's target ... so it's always aware of the in-use version.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:02:52 AM by admin » Logged

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
majika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 10:50:57 PM »

Hi and thanks for your prompt response,

I have followed your instructions, closed WD and rebooted, etc. I am still unable to change the version of PHP that WD is forcing me to use.

Perhaps this may help you to better understand my situation and what I did not mention previously. The actual read out from under the components Panel (Tab) on WD whilst running.
it states that following info:

WD > Components Panel (Tab) > 'PHP' Section (Tab) > [Menu Columns ]

Source link                                                                Current Target (Versions Folder)
D:\WampDeveloper\Components\PHP\                php-5.2.14.0-r2-win32-vc6-beta

[Use] |    [Version]    | [Release] | [Channel] | [Compiler] | [Bits] | [in Subscription] |   [On System]   |          [Path]

[Box] | PHP v5.3.3.0   |     2       |    Beta     |    vc6      |  32    |          False       |    True             |    D:\WampDeveloper\Versions\Php\php-5.3.3.0-r2-win32-vc6-beta
[Box] | PHP v5.3.2.0   |     3       |    Beta     |    vc6      |  32    |          False       |    True             |    D:\WampDeveloper\Versions\Php\php-5.3.2.0-r3-win32-vc6-beta
[Box] | PHP v5.2.14.0 |      2      |    Beta     |    vc6      |  32    |          True        |    True              |    D:\WampDeveloper\Versions\Php\php-5.2.14.0-r2-win32-vc6-beta
[Box] | PHP v5.2.13.0 |      3      |    Beta     |    vc6      |  32    |          True        |    False             |    http://downloads.wampdeveloper.com/php/php-5.2.13.0-r3-win32-vc6-beta.zip

I have the following PHP Versions/Releases on my system (php-5.2.14.0-r2-win32-vc6-beta, php-5.3.2.0-r3-win32-vc6-beta & php-5.3.3.0-r2-win32-vc6-beta) Its as if WD cannot locate the 5.3.3.0 Version for me to hit the tick box and upgrade/change the PHP branch.

Also WD states that the PHP 5.3 branch is in subscription 'True' and the "On system" column states 'False' how is this when I can clearly locate the folder in the D:\WampDeveloper\Versions\Php\... Directory on my Hard Disk Drive ?

Again, I hope this helps get this issue sorted,

Thanks in advance
majika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 12:07:40 PM »

I am confused as to how the Webdeveloper.exe manages to distinguish which version of each part of the Apache Stack is currently running.  I keep ending back up at the junction file for php but I cant seem to find how the WebDeveloper.exe App is using the PHP that it is currently stuck on (php-5.2.14.0-r2-win32-vc6-beta)

WD sets up an NTFS Junction Point from \WampDeveloper\Components\Php to the specific version in the \WampDeveloper\Versions\Php folder. It can also detect the junction point's target ... so it's always aware of the in-use version.

1) After re-reading this post, I ask myself this.. If WD is unable to change the in-use version of PHP via the GUI / Components Panel, can it be done manually? then, if so, How do I manually change the in-use version of PHP for WampDeveloper?

2) My first thoughts points me towards looking inside the WampDeveloper.xml file it shows:

Code:
<wampdeveloper>
  <subscription version="4" channel="beta" compiler="vc6" bits="32">
    <component name="WampDeveloper" branches="4" />
    <component name="Apache" branches="2.2" />
    <component name="Mysql" branches="5.1" />
    <component name="Php" branches="5.2" note="5.2 is the most stable and compatible branch." />
  </subscription>

Should I manually change the php branch=5.2 string to a value of 5.3 ??

ALSO,

(I removed the non php reliant parts of the code block for the purpose of this post and not actually in the file itself. lol)

Code:
 <structure>
    <!-- the first link of a particular component is considered to be the main link (the link displayed in the UI)-->
    <link ... />
    <link ... />
    <link type="folder" source="{{components}}\Php" target="{{selectedFolder}}" component="Php" />
    <link type="file" source="{{config}}\Php\php.ini" target="{{config}}\Php\php-{{selectedVersionMajor}}{{selectedVersionMinor}}.ini" component="Php" />
    <link ... />
    <link ... />
    <link ... />
    <link ... />
    <link ... />
    <link type="file" source="{{components}}\Php\php.ini" target="{{config}}\Php\php.ini" safetyFlag="True" component="Php" />
    <link ... />
  </structure>

The above looks ok and makes sense; so, I cannot see why there is a problem with WD not being able to switch between or Select a different version of PHP to run with WampDeveloper from under the WD [GUI] > Components panel > PHP > ...

I am still at a loss as to why I cannot change the in-use php under the WD components panel.

Any idears?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:34:18 PM by majika » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: