DeveloperSide.NET Forums
August 17, 2018, 01:58:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installed on Default C drive, but all config files point to D drive?  (Read 181 times)
bob4432

View Profile Email
« on: June 02, 2018, 06:21:48 PM »

I have had a test server setup for quite some time.  I decided to change some drives around since the original install and decided to go ahead and do a full removal and re-install of the suite.  All went rather smooth, install went great and when I brought up the 'Controller', it shows both MySQL & Apache stopped, which I found weird.  I hit the 'Start Server or Service' button, but nothing, and when trying to start Apache, a small window opens up with some options, one of which is to try a test of the install.  I click on that option and I get a syntax error (note, at this point I have not touched anything).  The error also states what line and what config file the syntax error is on - I go to this particular file and notice that instead of file paths pointing to areas on the C drive, they all point to areas on the D drive.  I look at the D drive and there is nothing installed on it.  I look further and every config file points to file paths on the D drive.
Now, I have no idea how this happened as there is no option (at least that I know of) to put the suite on D Drive, and I am installing from the C drive anyway.  How can I fix this?  I have deleted the entire install, at least that I can find (on the C drive), tried another install and same thing, all paths point to a file on the D drive.
Please note, that I have used this suite without issue since ~2013 as I feel it is the best suite to install on a Windows machine, and I am currently using it on a Win10Pro install. I feel comfortable modifying the registry if necessary.
Please assist and thanks in advance,
Bob
bob4432

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 05:19:25 PM »

Please help, I do have the Professional Edition.  I would rather just re-install after the problem is fixed so I am not chasing ghosts later due to a config file that is pointing to the D drive...
bob4432

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 12:47:56 AM »

Got it figured out - Uninstalled via the correct way, restarted the machine, re-installed and all is good.  I just wish I know how this happend...Oh well, at least it is g2g now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: