DeveloperSide.NET Forums
April 08, 2020, 05:42:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Site, a few comments, and a new dynamic DNS service  (Read 12000 times)
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 24, 2004, 10:55:03 AM »

I have re-done some of the site to give it a more mature and descriptive look.  Mostly just some more text, and a few layout changes.

I was going to wait until we had a new Web-Server package upgrade, with all the new features, but decided there was no need for a wait on the site update. Its still a work in progress, and some things will change the day the new DeveloperSide.NET Web-Server Suite comes out.

As for that time, I'm looking at about a month.  It should not take me more than two weeks to integrate the new features, but my time is limited right now.

If anyone notices any problems with the new site, let me know.  I'll fix it ASAP.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Itching
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 09:41:00 PM »

I'm getting excited already!!!

Woohoo.

...and thanks for all your hard work!
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 10:15:08 PM »

One of the new features will be a dynamic DNS service.  You will be able to map a domain name to your IP address, and have a free *.dynside.net domain name pointing to your Web-Server.  Its already set-up and ready to go, I just have to write a few scripts to automate the process.

You can have a *.dynside.net domain name, or your own TLD (top level domain; ex: www.yourdomain.com) by using our nameservers.

In the mean time, if anyone wants to test it out, post or e-mail me your IP address and your choice of *.dynside.net domain name.  Most people with cable/DSL services have a somewhat stable dynamic IP address (IP won't change for several days to several months), so it should work.  And if you have a static IP address, it will definitely work.  Please only do this if you know what I am talking about.

I'll map your IP address to your *.dynside.net domain manually, and get some feed back.  It will take anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours to propagate.  More likely about a second or two after I enter it, but some ISPs have poorly maintained resolvers.

Another feature that will go hand-in-hand with our DNS service will be a mail server.  So you can send/receive mail to your domain name.

Again, if anyone is interested in beta-testing our Dynamic DNS service, post/e-mail/message me your IP address and your choice for *.dynside.net domain name.

I should also have a client-side program that will automatically get your IP and update it with our service, each time your IP address changes.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Itching
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 06:22:31 PM »

Really excited now!!

;)
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 08:28:13 AM »

cool, so it will be somthing in like no-ip?

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 05:39:48 PM »

Exactly.

DeveloperSide.NET
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 06:49:43 PM »

:twisted: great idea, i thingk a lot of ppl will like this.

TCPMeta

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 12:35:33 PM »

Question, how can you host a Dyamic DNS server?
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 02:19:26 PM »

not sure for seperate software, but i thingk IIS has one

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 07:37:48 PM »

Question, how can you host a Dyamic DNS server?

Well, with a DNS server, a few scripts, and a client-side mechanism...

Of course, there is also something called "Dynamic DNS" which is a bit different from what we are talking about.

DeveloperSide.NET
TCPMeta

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2004, 04:25:41 AM »

Sorry, i ment Dynamic DNS.
I'm trying out Webmin in CYGWIN, its a pretty cool webhosting system.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2004, 04:39:44 AM »

Which "Dynamic DNS" would that be?

DeveloperSide.NET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: