DeveloperSide.NET Forums
August 03, 2020, 03:17:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GD Graphics Drives  (Read 7217 times)
kjmorley

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2004, 07:55:01 AM »

Does anyone know how I would go about installing the GD graphics drivers on a Windows 2000 server.

I have a Flash program that I wish to run, but it needs GD version 2.0 or higher. I have checked around and it all seems to be related to Unix systems rather than W2K.

I am presently running, Apache 2.0.48 - mod_perl 1.99_10 - perl 5.8.2 - PHP 4.3.4
kjmorley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 08:16:10 AM »

Just in case anyone else comes across this problem, I manged to solve it with the following;

php 4.3.x is available, and it includes a version of gd as "standard equipment." Your GD FAQ says: "according to rumor the self-extracting installer does not include gd for some reason; comments from those who find otherwise are welcome." In my binary installation of PHP 4.3.3, I found that php_gd2.dll is available, it's just not enabled by default. To turn it on, the user may simply uncomment the line "extension=php_gd2.dll" in php.ini. Hope this helps people who, like me, saw the FAQ entry and immediately started dreading the prospect of building everything from source -- something Windows doesn't seem to make very easy for people with little C/C++ experience. Updated 12/06/03: Windows users DO get gd included when they install the convenient self-extracting version of PHP, however they must uncomment the line extension=php_gd2.dll in the file php.ini. Thanks to Alan MacDougall for clarifying this.

This was found from a link on the devside.net home page. I just wasn't looking hard enough....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: