DeveloperSide.NET Forums
January 19, 2020, 09:25:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mod_perl 2.0 and Apache::ASP  (Read 14919 times)
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 07, 2003, 05:26:12 PM »

I finally got to the task of integrating mod_perl into the main package, and after a long day, it was a success!

I am using mod_perl 1.99_09, the latest version, before the final 2.0 release.

During the task, I went over the official docs on installing and setting it all up, and kept on getting these 'process.pm not found' errors on the first step.

I tried mod_perl 1.99_08 to see if anything would change, and this version compiled without this problem if 'nmake test' was skiped; again, 'process.pm not found' error.

So, after a long search for the missing process.pm, I came to my conclusion.  Apparently, mod_perl 1.99_09 requires your Perl distribution to contain the Win32 core perl modules.  All the developers had to do was make a small note of that fact.

I tracked it all to a file called libwin32-0.191.zip, and after a nmake, nmake test, and nmake install, the latest version of mod_perl compiled and installed just fine.  The example 'hello.pm', to test the module with Apache2, worked just fine.

The only problem right now, is under the mod_perl 'nmake test', which runs the module through a serious of tests...  Some of the tests pass, and some of them do not...  The documentation mentions that this is not a final release, and things do get changed around...

I believe the problem is that the tests use perl modules like Apache::Test, Request, etc, which are the problem.  Something is not right, as in missing or misplaced *.pm's.  The 'nmake test' runs very fast through the passed tests, and takes hours for the failed tests.  I do not consider this a problem, and will run ‘namke test’ with an older version to see what will happen.

Anyways, with mod_perl, we will have Apache::ASP, and many other useful modules.

I still have some work to do, before the packages are ready for download, but that should not take too much time.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2003, 10:46:34 PM »

I think I tracked it down.

To pass the test suite for mod_perl 1.99_09, the following modules will need to be installed...

libwin32 (also required for building versions above _08)

CGI.pm

libwww-perl(LWP), will also require the following modules...
   HTML-Parse, which will require HTML-Tagset
   URI
   and MIME::Base64,NET::FTP,Digest:::MD5 which apear to be installed by libwin32

Why was this so hard?  All the mod_perl people had to do was to say "NOTE: requires libwin32 and LWP, and CGI.pm!!!"  It took me a days worth of work, of reading and searching to get to this point.  I think that most installations are done with ActiveState Perl and/or with PPM.  A mod_perl installation done with Perl source, like we are doing it, is a bit harder, but cleaner.

Anyways, I'll have it all set up and running, ready for download, in a day or two.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 04:51:31 AM »

Apache::ASP is working.

If everything goes as planed, the non-ssl package with mod_perl 1.99_09, Apache::ASP 2.55, and an updated PHP 4.3.3 will be out today.

DeveloperSide.NET
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 02:28:33 PM »

btw there is a .10b,
Will you put on a guid howto setup mod_perl with apache::asp?

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 04:17:25 PM »

We have no secrets here.

I'll make a guide for both mod_perl and Apache::ASP.

The _10 release is the ongoing development release, unless their is a problem with _09, it is best to stick with it.

DeveloperSide.NET
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 04:59:37 PM »

lol, 10 runs fine here, a little but faster than 09, but it probebly is my computer lol ok, i'll read it when it oud and school is not bugy my :p

--- off topic ---
Network support for apachemon is getting better,
only can't pause the server (jet)

admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2003, 05:08:26 PM »

Did you install _10 with ActiveState Perl?  I'm just wondering about all the dependences listed above.

DeveloperSide.NET
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2003, 06:33:03 PM »

i now have:
Active perl
Mod_perl ..10b
apache 2.0.47 + mod_ssl and deflate
and php.

Pages: [1]