DeveloperSide.NET Forums
February 22, 2020, 07:59:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Optimizing phpBB2 for Search Engines, Page Rank, Security...  (Read 8796 times)
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 15, 2004, 01:09:03 AM »

Guide Relased July 14. 2004

I've put together a new guide...

Optimizing phpBB 2.0.xx for Search Engines, Page Rank, and Security
http://www.devside.net/web/config/phpBB

It still needs some work on the layout, but the content is there.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 10:13:44 PM »

Very important note...

Never upgrade phpBB when a new version comes out.  Always wait 1-2 weeks for all the bugs/problems to surface and spend some time reading the phpBB Support Forum -- http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=1

phpBB is notorious for having major problems with each new release.  Make sure you need the upgrade, and take all the problems into account.

Always backup your database before you do anything.

As of right now, I would not recommend anyone to upgrade from 2.0.8a to 2.0.9.  I believe version 2.0.9a will be released soon to address the current problems everyone has been experiencing.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Fenwick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 10:34:50 PM »

Have not yet had a chance to review your guide, but its on my list, a long list and should you have forgotten anything (seriously doubted) be happy to add comment.

magination is the Only Limitation

Phantasia a community based forum on security and additional help with server software. Site is beta-mode - and will start filling forums with additional help as soon as possible

http://myphantasia.cjb.net/
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »

Please don't hesitate; I'm always looking for feedback.

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 08:40:57 PM »

phpBB 2.0.10 is out.

DeveloperSide.NET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: