DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 04, 2020, 05:42:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Make sure to secure MySQL  (Read 8628 times)
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 19, 2003, 08:56:50 PM »

MySQL comes with no password on the root account, and several no-password accounts.  Anyone can log into your MySQL server.

The instructions for securing this are in the MySQL Tutorial.  This involves entering a few commands, and should not take more than a minute.

If you want to run MySQL as it is, you can always ‘bind’ MySQL to only listen on ‘localhost’.  The instructions for this are also in the MySQL Tutorial.

In the next revision of the download package, this will be applied.  But, as you can imagine, everyone will have the same password initially.  So you will still need to correct this.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
bobh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 04:30:44 PM »

Great FORUM!!!

Could you pls post a url or directions to Mysql tutorial.  I need some help on my.ini file et al.  Apache deals w/ PHP stuff but PHP cannot connect to mysql;  at one time it did then stopped;  re-installed mysql and now I cannot connect to mysql from PHP.  

System: XP(P-4); PHP4, Apache 2.0.47 and MySQL.

thnx much
bob-h
 :?:
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 07:31:52 PM »

How about the front page of this site?!

Were it says Building PHP, MySQL, Perl, Apache, etc...

The instructions are there.

Unless I'm missing something your trying to say.

You need to post more info, just saying you have a problem does not help anyone.  Tells us exactly what is happening.

And are you talking about the d/l Package or something you are doing on your own?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: