DeveloperSide.NET Forums
September 20, 2018, 04:32:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: java am i missing somthing?  (Read 73894 times)
whoop

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2004, 12:25:19 AM »

ok installed all works fine and this new install ive done on winxp sp2 does not continually rattle the hdd as before.
BUT ive installed a web portal (E107) and i am getting script errors on some paged within the admin section as i am with your reconmended portal Mambo, its seems like its a java issue, what do i need and how do i fix it please.
whoop

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 02:06:11 AM »

hmm ok so ive tried installing tomcat all done except i get this error when starting the service

The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program
NB: JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE
Using CATALINA_BASE:   F:\www\Tomcat5
Using CATALINA_HOME:   F:\www\Tomcat5
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: F:\www\Tomcat5\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05
The system cannot find the file -Djava.endorsed.dirs=.
F:\www\Tomcat5\bin>

any ideas???
oh and will tomcat sort my java issues?
whoop

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 02:30:32 AM »

ahh there was a space after the 05 in the variable path.
so no it runs but still i have the java errors on the pages stopping them from displaying
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 04:00:40 AM »

So have you installed E107 or Mambo?

Also, would that be Java or JavaScript errors?  Big difference, and neither require Tomcat.  And why not post the errors themselves?

You have given us a very ambiguous question and absolutely nothing to go on.

Have you read any of the docs on http://www.mamboserver.com/?  The requirement section on their site makes it clear what is required.  The manual http://mamboforge.net/frs/download.php/40/Offical_Manual_Mambo4.5_alpha1.01.zip is also a good start.

Before you installed Mambo, did you set up the appropriate MySQL database, user, user permissions, and password (under MySQL)?

When you tried to install Mambo, did everything check out ok -- the installation process was 100% successful?

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
whoop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 09:21:18 PM »

sorry me working in the small hours again.
ok lets start again.
i have installed many php web sites on commercial web servers so database permissions are all ok and databases are installed and working
ok i first installed e107 (latest ver) and all went ok except a php detection error (could not determine version but is known bug) databases installed no prob and i checked. web site displayed correctly in the normal home page area however when i log in to anmin panel some of the menus are java driven (i think this is the correct term) the links that arnt ar ok but the links that are do not respond and in the bottom left of the browser is a script error message "done but with erors on page" a java script error i presume. I presumed that the latest version of e107 was perhaps ahead of you apache build and could not be displayed so i removed the install including the database and installed mambo. again this works in the main home page fine but when i log in to the admin area the admin page is displayed but allmost blank (not blank) but no function links or discriptions are displayed and again a "done with errors " message, correct me if im wrong but if i had created the website code i would be re checking my java script in my included script calls.
any suggestions??
p.s now ive installed it what does Tomcat do  :lol:
whoop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 09:28:14 PM »

This is my mambo admin page once logged in

whoop   Logged in as admin  0 unread messages    2 users online  

Miro International Pty Ltd. © 2000 - 2004 All rights reserved. Mambo Open Source is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.
Page was generated in 0.383307 seconds

and here is some error code from the script error box at the bottom left of browser.
Line: 44
Char: 1
Eror.'_cmNoAction' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: http:///localhost/administrator/index2.php

I will also add that i am writing a php based staff/client booking and management system which i have installed on my local server and all my functions work fine but then again i don't use ant javascript in that.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 10:11:22 PM »

i have installed many php web sites on commercial web servers so database permissions are all ok and databases are installed and working
ok

Ok.  So what MySQL user, database name, and user permissions did you create for Mambo, before installing Mambo?

however when i log in to anmin panel some of the menus are java driven

The only thing Java and JavaScript have in common are the first four letters.  When you use these terms interchangeably, you make no sense.

I will assume that you are referring to JavaScript, a client side browser script engine that has nothing to do with Java or the Java SDK/JRE (or Tomcat).

What Browser (with version) are you using?

Have you checked any of the log files for Apache or MySQL?

I presumed that the latest version of e107 was perhaps ahead of you apache build and could not be displayed so i removed the install including the database and installed mambo.

How can e107 require Apache version above 2.0.50 (which we use) when this is the latest version of Apache?  And if I am correct, as long as you have a version of Apache and PHP that are not older than about a year, e107 should work just fine.

And why are you bringing up e107?  Are you saying that you had the same problems with e107 as you do with Mambo?

From what you have posted, I can only infer that you have not set Mambo up properly or your system/brower is messed up.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
whoop

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »

just a thought should i ftp my mambo files to my web folder because i just dragged and dropped them, maybe they need transfering in the correct format??
anyway Mr Admin my apologies for the confusion over JAVA i am indeed refering to javascript. oh and my browser is ie 6 and works just fine everywhere else except my local server.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 11:37:01 PM »

Please excuse my inexperiance with correct terms as i am completly self taught. my database for manbo was created woth the root username and password, there is no error with the tables or the access rights and mambo can connect, i do not get any php script errors, its simply the browser error.
please look here ***
once logged in click the admin link and re enter the details to login to the admin section, you will then see the error.
thanks for looking as it must be somthing simple im missing

You have some broken links to pics, I see the browser errors, and the bad index2.php page.

Have you given permissions under httpd.conf to all the directories you are using?  Since you did not put it all under \www\webroot\mambo you either need to "allow" all under \www\webroot or specify all the dirs manually.  Or if you did put it all under \www\webroot\mambo and linked it to url \...

And as long as you are unzipping/unpacking Mambo under your working system, you do not need to ftp anything over back to yourself.

Have you gone over the manual installation guide for Mambo?

DeveloperSide.NET
whoop

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 11:44:23 PM »

tnx for looking
in my httpd.conf file i have this entry that was created for me
<Directory "/www/webroot">
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

am i right in saying that allows access to webroot/*.*   ?
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 11:50:38 PM »

It should.

You really should check out the access and error logs of Apache and the *.err file of MySQL, there might be more info there.

Otherwise, I would take this problem to the Mambo forums and see if anyone else is having the same problem.

DeveloperSide.NET
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2004, 11:58:20 PM »

BTW, what are the contents of configuration.php ?  That is the main config file for mambo and contains all the paths and settings.

DeveloperSide.NET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: