DeveloperSide.NET Forums
February 22, 2020, 07:16:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: mail function not working at. all header problem?  (Read 53718 times)
comrade693

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2005, 09:20:34 PM »

oh yes, it works sending mail with the php mail function to localhost and to smtp.itd.umich.edu

However, when i run this script
Code:
<?php

ini_set
&#40; "SMTP", "localhost" &#41;;
ini_set&#40; "smtp_port", 25 &#41;;
ini_set&#40; "sendmail_from", "admin@keepintouch.mine.nu" &#41;;

mail&#40; "sdwilsh@umich.edu", "My Subject", "Line 1\nLine 2\nLine 3" &#41;;

?>

It does not send from mercury.  I keep getting that error that I mentioned before.
comrade693

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2005, 09:22:46 PM »

UPDATE:

I used nslookup with the command line to get the ip address for the dns server for umich.edu and it now sends.  Hopefully I will not have to do this every time a new domain name comes up.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2005, 09:27:12 PM »

That is because you are now sending via your local mail server -- which you have not configured properly.  I'm sure there are plenty of setting to play around with, including setting your ISP's DNS server IPs (which can be found via your router).  If you are not using a router, open up the commandline, and type 'ipconfig /all'.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2005, 09:28:22 PM »

Looks like you beat me to the post.  Look into the DHCP settings of your Mail Server.  Maybe it can configure itself.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
comrade693

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2005, 09:30:15 PM »

It looks like after I entered that ip address for the dns server that I can send e-mail to any address that I have tried.

I would just like to thank you for all of your help.  I probably would have never gotten this configured had you not helped.  Thanks again.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: