DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 06, 2020, 05:46:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP: PHP 5 and other up to date stuff...  (Read 4390 times)
andyb

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2004, 06:57:17 PM »

Hi,
First of all I'm a complete beginner to web servers. I am currently setting up the devside.net apache2 web server package, but I have noticed it includes only php version 4 and some other items are also out of date. I tried to follow a tutorial for installing php5 on a "normal" standalone apache2 configuration from apache.org, but the httpd.conf file in the devside version has all sorts of module things that weren't in this tutorial.

Basically, I would like to know if there is an up to date devside version coming out (with sqlite / xml?) and if so when (any idea of months/weeks would be appreciated.) Otherwise is there another way to install php5?

Thanks

Andrew Bonney

:?:  :?:  :?:
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 08:57:21 PM »

php5 has still about 6 months to go before anyone would consider using it for a production system.

As far as our httpd.conf file -- there is nothing in it that would prevent you from configuring Apache 2.0 to load the php5 module.

There are guides all over the net that show you how to set php5 up.  I would start with the php.net docs.  Or just search Google for: Apache 2 + php5 + module.

A newer version (v1.13) of our Web-Server Suite is ready; I just have to update the text.  php5 might be included in future versions -- could be in the next release (v1.14+), or I might just make a Guide for it.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: