DeveloperSide.NET Forums
July 13, 2020, 12:36:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help deperately no joke  (Read 4117 times)
biohazzard

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2004, 07:45:40 PM »

Ok I have been racking my brain for over a week trying to get phpmyadmin to use multi users so that they only have access to thier own database's. I also need the users to be able to create new database. I have reinstalled the webserver suite more that 20 times trying to get everything working together. Can someone please help me with this by telling me exactly how to do it or even providing me with a premade version that will work.  I also need for the phpmyadmin to be accessible from outside my lan as I am a webhosting company. I know how to do the outside access from a central location.

So this is what I need to know:

How to make phpmyadmin work as a central copy so that users can login and edit thier current DB and add DB's if they need to.

If this is possible please tell me
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 07:54:20 PM »

Authentication Method for multi-user (untrusted) environment has been set up under Web-Server Suite version 1.14 (also all the advanced Relational Features have been turned on)
Also, the phpMyAdmin Guide has been updated if you want to do it yourself.
http://www.devside.net/web/server/windows/phpmyadmin

How to make phpmyadmin work as a central copy so that users can login and edit thier current DB and add DB's if they need to.

Everything you need has been done for you.  You just need to open up URL /phpMyAdmin under httpd.conf for all access, not just localhost.

Now it is a matter of creating databases and granting users the permissions they need.

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: