DeveloperSide.NET Forums
December 11, 2019, 11:50:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MySQL tools...  (Read 15464 times)
admin
Administrator
Master of All Subjects

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 03, 2005, 06:27:15 AM »

MySQL Administrator
http://www.mysql.com/products/administrator/

MySQL Administrator is a powerful visual administration console that enables you to easily administer your MySQL environment and gain significantly better visibility into how your databases are operating. MySQL Administrator now integrates database management and maintenance into a single, seamless environment, with a clear and intuitive graphical user interface. By using MySQL Administrator you will be able to...

MySQL Query Browser
http://www.mysql.com/products/query-browser/

MySQL Query Browser is the easiest visual tool for creating, executing, and optimizing SQL queries for your MySQL Database Server. The MySQL Query Browser gives you a complete set of drag-and-drop tools to visually build, analyze and manage your queries. Plus, the integrated environment provides...

DeveloperSide.NET
Advanced PHP and MySQL Solutions for your Web Design and Development needs with Web.Developer Server Suite.
Jorge
Customer, Basic Support
Guru

jorge_schrauwen@msn.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 12:03:13 PM »

yeah there nice, but be carfull i well messed up mySQL once with those...

mstngpunk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 08:31:35 PM »

Can you explain what you mean by having these tools mess up your DB?  I'm wondering if they might be causing my problems.  The more I think about some of the issues I've had with this package the more I seem to be able to link  it back to when I tried to access the db using these tools.

sd

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 02:04:00 AM »

I don't know if it's the same issue that the previous poster experience, but using the Administrator tool, adding another host, I lost access to root.  It turned out that for the localhost that already existed, it had blanked out the password.  So, I switched back to the command line and also started making sure I took a backup of mysql before editing the security rights.

Another time, with the Administrator GUI tool, it attempted to adds some privileges (clicked apply changes).  It appeared to work.   However, on checking the grants afterwards, it actually had not applied.

A third time, performing a permissions grant, it did crash.  These were all while running on the localhost, on Windows Server 2003, 64-bit.  Given that I've experienced issues with 64-bit with Microsoft SQL Server (most are documented on Microsoft's site and they even recommend using 32-bit Management Studio from a workstation), it's possible there could be some 64-bit issues with the mysql gui tools or mysql?  Who knows. 

Anyway, good paranoid DBA practices are about the only salvation in these cases.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: